MDiv and MBA Program Requirements
The MDiv and MBA dual degree is designed to equip leaders for ministry and management whether their vocation is found in the parish, the para-church organization, or the business and nonprofit world. Additionally, the MDiv may lead to ordination in the Evangelical Covenant Church and other denominations. View the full list of degree outcomes in the Seminary catalog.
97 academic hours
11 field education hours
This degree can be completed in fours years of full-time study and internships, although many students choose to extend the program based on their family needs and community involvement.
Please note: 27 credit hours required in residence at the main campus.
Bible, 24 credits
- Greek I
- Greek II
- Greek Exegesis for Preaching and Teaching
- New Testament 1: The Texts and Their World
- New Testament 2: The Texts and Their Theology
- Old Testament 1: Pentateuch and Interpretation
- Old Testament 2: Prophets and Preaching Legacy
- Old Testament 3: Wisdom and Israel’s Praise
History, 9 credits
- Christian History 1: The Early to the Early Reformation (1-16c)
- Christian History 2: Global Christianity (17-21c)
- Christian History 3: North American Christianity
Theology, 12 credits
- Christian Theology
- Christian Worship
- Christian Ethics
- Advanced Seminar in Theology
Spiritual Formation, 4 credits
The spiritual formation sequence seeks to integrate the ongoing spiritual and academic dimensions of the seminary experience in order to facilitate conscious growth in personal and corporate spiritual life. The sequence includes four one-credit courses which focus on the critical issues and practices for spiritual growth, including prayer, reflection, spiritual direction, and service in the church:
- Journey: The Story of Our Lives
- Intercultural Spirituality: Praying Together
Ministry, 12 credits
- Religions and Cultures
- Preaching the Word
- Gospel Communication in Context
- Introduction to Pastoral Care and Counseling
Electives, 6 credits
- Denominational Elective (3 credits)
- Cultural Diversity Elective (3 credits)
Business Administration, 26 credits
- Organizational Behavior and Ethics
- Ethical Leadership
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Global Macroeconomics for Managers
- Microeconomics for Managers
- Managerial Finance
- Financial Decision Making
- Quantitative Decision Making
- Marketing Analysis and Consumer Behavior
- Multi-Sector Convergence and Social Responsibility
- Strategy for Competitive Advantage
- MBA Capstone
Dual Degree Integrative Courses, 4 credits
- The Life of the Leader: Making an Impact
- Leading the Transformational Organization: Generating Mission Movements
Field Education, 11 credits
You are required to complete 11 Field Education credits in addition to the 97 academic credit hours required for your degree:
- 1 credit earned by taking Vocational Excellence
- 8 credits earned through internships
- 1 credit earned by completing the cultural competence module
- 1 credit earned through a theological reflection module
- 0 credits earned from clinical pastoral education experience
The master of divinity and master of business administration degree is awarded to students meeting the following requirements:
- Completion of MDiv Degree Candidacy and psychological evaluation; successful completion of Mid-Program Review.
- The completion of 97 semester hours of academic course work, plus 11 Field Education credit hours.
- A grade point average of 2.5 must be maintained. No grade under C- shall be counted toward the degree.
- Exemplification of a quality of life and commitment suitable for ministry.
- No outstanding incomplete grades later than week seven of the term in which they plan to graduate.
- Complete payment of all accounts and fees to the Seminary.
- Completion of the degree within seven years from the time of matriculation.
Full requirements for graduation are noted in the Seminary academic catalog.