August 10–20, 2013
COMPASS (Centering Our Minds Passionately Around Student Success) is a year-long advising and academic program. This invitation-only program begins with an intensive ten-day summer segment designed to help domestic first-year students prepare for the academic and social challenges of college and adjust to life on campus. Talk to your admissions counselor for more details on who is invited to participate.
The COMPASS program guides you through the course-selection and degree-planning process, via one-on-one meetings, and introduces you to the support services available at North Park.
COMPASS strengthens cultural awareness on campus, promotes the exchange of ideas and experiences, and encourages students to appreciate the cultural tapestry of our world.
COMPASS helps you assess your skills, interests, and values throughout the first year.
Get a jump start on college and community life at North Park!
- Receive two semester hours of university credit towards graduation
- Check into the residence halls early
- Make friends with your classmates before registration, assignments, or other distractions
- Get acclimated to the North Park campus and community before new students arrive for Threshold
- Participate in academic-skills classes
- Write a paper comparable to the mid-term required for a first-semester class, and receive feedback from a North Park professor.
- Submit the online application
- Pay the $25 application fee, either online or by mailing a check to:
North Park University
3225 W Foster Ave Box 24
Chicago IL 60625
For more information, please contact Student Development.