For Students: Summer Jobs and Grants
Do you have summer plans?
Work in camping ministry and find amazing opportunities to serve others, build friendships, and grow in your faith. North Park’s parent denomination, the Evangelical Covenant Church, has 21 different camps around the country. Each camp offers adventurous, fun, and challenging summer jobs to college students. Not only will you be role models for the next generation of North Park students, you’ll be able to develop skills you can use in any future job or career.
Camp Grant Requirements
To thank you for your service in a Covenant camping ministry over the summer, North Park will provide a $750 camp grant to you for the following academic year. In order to be eligible and receive the camp grant, the following criteria need to be met by participants:
- Complete your first year at North Park University
- Submit the Camp Grant Contract
- Attend one Informational Session (Mandatory)
- Display evidence of a servant attitude committed to the mission of his or her respective camp.
- Consistently and positively share of one’s life and self with campers and guests.
- Be a constructive and positive role model for the campers and other staff.
- Encourage North Park University as an educational option for campers to consider, as well as with others (guests, parents, visitors, etc.).
- Wear North Park University clothing at least twice a week throughout each camp session.
Once you find where you’d like to be, apply for staff positions directly with the camp. Many offer online applications, or you can apply with representatives at the camp fair. Camp job opportunities vary from camp to camp but may include:
- Counseling positions for elementary through high school students
- Worship Leading positions
- General Maintenance/Work Crew positions
- Food Service positions
- Equestrian positions
- Adventure/Outdoor leadership positions
- Health Assistant positions
- Administrative positions
For more information or with any questions, please contact Ja’Vida Morris.