For Students: Summer Jobs and Grants
Do you have summer plans?
Work in camping ministry and find amazing opportunities to serve others, build friendships, and grow in your faith. North Park’s parent denomination, the Evangelical Covenant Church, has 18 different camps around the country. Each camp offers adventurous, fun, and challenging summer jobs to college students. Not only will you be role models for the next generation of North Park students, you’ll be able to develop skills you can use in any future career.
Camp Grant Requirements
To thank you for your service in a Covenant camping ministry over the summer, North Park will provide a $500–$2,000 camp grant to you for the following academic year. In order to be eligible and receive the camp grant, the following criteria need to be met by participants:
• Submit the Camp Grant Application
• Attend one Informational Session
• Display evidence of a leader committed to serving in his or her respective camp
• Consistently and positively share with campers and guests
• Be a constructive and positive role model for the campers and other staff
• Encourage North Park University as an educational option for campers to consider, as well as with others (guests, parents, visitors, etc.)
• Wear North Park University branded items throughout each camp session
Once you find where you’d like to be, apply for staff positions directly with the camp. Many offer online applications, or you can apply with representatives at the camp fair. Camp job opportunities vary from camp to camp but may include:
- Counseling positions for elementary through high school students
- Worship Leading positions
- General Maintenance/Work Crew positions
- Food Service positions
- Equestrian positions
- Adventure/Outdoor leadership positions
- Health Assistant positions
- Administrative positions
For more information or with any questions, please contact Ja’Vida Morris.