Summer 2018 Group Fitness Schedule
The group fitness program of North Park University is based upon the latest fitness trends and taught by experienced, nationally certified instructors. This program offers a wide variety of classes for all ages, fitness levels, and abilities. Take advantage of great classes that will keep you motivated and help you achieve your personal health and fitness goals.
Classes are free for all North Park students. An extra fee is applied for faculty, staff, and Seminary spouses.
|12:10 – 12:50 am||Beach Body Insanity||Fitness Madness||Kickbox & Core||Zumba||Yoga|
Schedule is subject to change; classes may be canceled due to low demand, low attendance, or schedule conflicts.
- Students, faculty, and staff must present a valid North Park ID at the front desk to register for group fitness classes.
- To ensure participant safety, a waiver and release of liability form, and a PAR-Q form must be filled out once per academic year.
- It is North Park University policy that individuals under the age of 18 have a parent or guardian’s signature on their waiver and release of liability form prior to participation. A parent or guardian can fax the signed waiver to (773) 244-5269, Attention: Ericka Adams
- Faculty and staff must pay a $75.00 fee per semester via pay roll deduction to participate.
- Group fitness classes are free for all current North Park students.
Spouses of Seminary Students and Resident Directors
(living in North Park housing)
Spouses (living in North Park housing) must purchase a Helwig Recreation Center semester visitor pass to access group fitness classes. Please go to undergraduate student services to purchase a semester visitor pass and obtain a North Park ID.
Check-In Procedures for Class
- All participants must check in at the front desk with a valid North Park ID card.
- A group fitness wrist band will be given to each participant in exchange for their ID.
- All participants must be wearing (or have clearly displayed) a wrist band in order to participate in class.
- Individuals without a wristband will be instructed to obtain one at the front desk prior to class participation. No exceptions will be made for individuals without a group fitness wrist band.
- At the end of class participants must return their group fitness wrist band to the front desk in exchange for their ID.
BAC = Bjorkman Activity Center (Mezzanine Level)
207 A = academic classroom (Mezzanine Level)
207 B = academic classroom (Mezzanine Level)
Group Fitness Rules and Etiquette
- Consult a physician prior to engaging in physical activity. Participants exercise at their own risk and are responsible for their own health and safety.
- Please report any illness or injury to your instructor or to a student worker immediately.
- Participants are highly encouraged to arrive to class on time. It is up to the discretion of the instructor whether or not to allow latecomers entry into the class. If you are late, please warm-up prior to starting class.
- New-comers please introduce yourself to the instructor before class starts.
- Please use the lockers or cubbies provided to store personal belongings. North Park is not responsible for items in the group fitness area that are lost or stolen.
- Class entry is on a drop-in basis and is open on a first-come, first-serve basis. Class size may be limited based on the instructor’s discretion and equipment availability.
- It is highly recommended that participants stay for the entire class to ensure proper cool-down. Please stay till the end of class as leaving early is highly disruptive to fellow participants. Consult with the instructor at the beginning of class if you need to leave early.
- It is highly recommended that participants bring water in a closed plastic container to class. This is the only drink permitted in group fitness classes.
- Equipment (hand weights, bands, steps, etc.) utilized during class must be returned and may not be taken out of the group fitness area for individual use. Equipment from other areas may not be brought into group fitness classes.
- Participants are encouraged to bring a towel to all classes.
- Appropriate clothing and clean non-marking athletic shoes must be worn at all times unless otherwise stated for specific classes. No jeans, sandals, or non-athletic shoes allowed. Please change into shoes prior to entering class.
- Hard-soled, closed-toe athletic shoes or cycling shoes are recommended for all spin classes.
- Please give the instructor your full attention during class. Avoid lengthy conversations and loud talking during class as it can be disruptive to fellow participants and the instructor.
- Participants must comply with instructor requests. Instructors have authority over the group fitness area and equipment.
For more information please contact the Ericka Adams, director of wellness and recreation, by email or by phone at (773) 244-5618.