North Park University has several parking lots available for student, faculty, and staff use. Please familiarize yourself with our policies and procedures prior to parking on campus.
Parking stickers are required for anyone to park in University lots. Only registered students, faculty, or staff members may purchase a parking permit. The University Parking Permit Form is required to purchase a permit, and must include the license plate number, make, model, and year of the car the parking sticker will be placed in.
- Student parking permits may be purchased at the Student Administrative Student Offices.
- Faculty and staff may purchase parking permits through Human Resources.
Please note: A parking permit does not guarantee the holder a parking space, but the opportunity to park in specified parking areas on an “as available” basis.
Parking Permit Costs
- Resident Student Permit: $300
*First year residents students are not allowed to have a car on campus.
- Commuter Student Permit: $150
- Evening and Weekend Student Permit: $50
- Faculty and Staff: Contact Human Resources for parking permit information
Parking permits must be paid for at the time of purchase.
University Parking Lots
University lots and parking areas are color-coded. Based on designations made by the university, the following parking regulations will be enforced:
- White — Resident Students
- Anderson Hall (5000 N Spaulding Ave.)
- Burgh Hall (5051 N Spaulding Ave.)
- Lot behind 3300 W. Foster building (Seminary students only)
- Red — Commuter Students/Visitors: Foster & Kedzie (5141 N Kedzie Ave.)
- Red/White — Resident and Commuter Students: Kedzie & Carmen (5115 N Kedzie Ave.)
- Yellow — Faculty and Staff
- Foster Ave. lot (3218 W Foster Ave.)
- Kimball Ave. lot (5125 N Kimball Ave.)
- Alley west of Brandel Library
- Alley north and west of Sohlberg Hall
- Parking is only permitted in lots where the color-coded sticker matches the color-coded lot.
- Color-designated lots are enforced from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Special Events: Lots will be marked as "event parking" when occasions require.
Download a campus map with designated parking areas.
Parking Violations and Penalties
A fine of $25.00 will be charged for the following campus parking violations:
- Failure to display a valid North Park parking permit
- Parking in the wrong designated parking lot
- Parking in a reserved unauthorized parking space
- Parking in a handicapped space
- Blocking a driveway or traffic lane
- Parked in a designated Fire Lane
- Towing and storage fees are set by the towing company
Students, faculty, and staff who receive a ticket have 14 business days from the issue date on the ticket to pay the fine. If the fine is not paid within this period of time, the fine will be transferred to the student’s account, or the faculty/staff member will become responsible for any towing fees that may result. All outstanding student fines must be paid prior to registration for the next academic semester. Graduating students must pay all outstanding fines prior to graduation or transcripts will be withheld. Faculty and staff with tickets that remain unpaid for more than 30 days may lose their parking privileges for the remainder of the school year.
Continual or flagrant disregard of University parking regulations may result in disciplinary action and/or loss of parking privileges. More information, including ticket appeal details and the towing policy, is available in the parking regulations policy document.
Additional parking questions can be directed to Dan Gooris, Director of Security and Auxiliary Services, via email or at (773) 244-5222.