What is Field Education?
Field Education is a companion to classroom work at North Park Theological Seminary, that helps develop:
- Practical individual preparation for ministry
- Interpersonal and communication skills in a ministry context
- Insights into ministry organization
- New areas for vocational growth
- Confidence and competence for using your degree after seminary
Requirements differ for each degree but may include: internship, clinical pastoral education (chaplaincy experience), a course on vocational excellence, cultural competency experience, and a theological reflection module.
Meet with the Field Education Department early in the program. The staff will walk you through the requirements and help you select appropriate options for internships and experiences. You must have a plan in place before your Degree Candidacy Evaluation, which usually occurs in the second semester of your program.