If you are seeking extra help in a first-year Core Curriculum course, schedule a one-on-one informal review session led by trained peer tutors recommended by faculty members.
- Provides peer-assisted individual focus time for a student to grasp the subject material in a way that is most beneficial to the student.
- Provides additional explanation of difficult concepts and idea from course material.
- Assist students with preparing for class assessments.
- Develop student study skills, time-management, organization, etc. to help students succeed in class.
- Informal low-stress environment where student feels supported and encouraged.
Virtual One-on-One Tutoring
Virtual one-on-one tutoring sessions will be accessed using Microsoft Teams.
How it works:
- Students are able to schedule a 30-minute virtual appointment.
- Students will receive a meeting request from the tutor with a link to join the Microsoft Teams virtual meeting.
- You can request a single session of tutoring at a time, for a specific introductory Core Curriculum course.
- You can make multiple requests throughout the semester or year for individual tutoring, based on your own need—it is always free.
- Remember that your tutor is also a student, so be ready to be somewhat flexible with scheduling.
See also this Guide to Adjusting Your Study Habits for helpful tips on transitioning to online learning.