University-level coursework can often be challenging, and most students need assistance at some point in their studies. The Center for Student Engagement provides a variety of opportunities for students who want to strengthen their academic performance overall or in one specific course. The following academic support services are offered—free of charge—to undergraduate students.
Virtual Supplemental Instruction and One-on-one Tutoring
The Center for Student Engagement will continue to provide high quality academic support services. Now that we have transitioned fully to an online course delivery model, academic support services including Supplemental Instruction and Tutoring will be accessed using the Microsoft Teams application for virtual supplemental instruction and one-on-one tutoring sessions. To learn more about how virtual One-on-One Tutoring and Supplemental Instruction works, click on the One-on-One Tutoring and/or Supplemental Instruction links below. NOTE: All access to virtual tutoring and correspondence of session will be done through your NPU account.
See also this Guide to Adjusting Your Study Habits for helpful tips on transitioning to online learning.
How Virtual SI and One-on-one Tutoring Works:
- All SI sections will continue meeting at their usual time.
- Courses requiring SI as part of course curriculum (e.g. BIOL 1250 and CHEM 2311) will continue to require all students to attend SI.
- SI leaders will invite students to join the SI session through Microsoft Teams.
- Students will continue to schedule one-on-one sessions using the tutor’s schedule a session link.
- Students will receive a meeting request from the tutor with a link to join the Microsoft Teams virtual meeting.
Meeting request for all virtual SI and One-on-one Tutoring sessions will appear like the following example:
Join Microsoft Teams Meeting