Welcome to Academic Engagement and Student Success
University-level coursework can often be challenging, and most students need assistance at some point in their studies. The Center for Student Engagement provides a variety of opportunities for students who want to strengthen their academic performance overall or in one specific course. Academic engagement and advising services are offered—free of charge—to undergraduate students.
Virtual academic engagement and advising sessions are offered through the Microsoft Teams application. Student success coaching and some individual tutors are also offering in-person sessions. NOTE: All access to virtual sessions will be done through your NPU account.
- Students enrolled in a course that offers SI will be added to the SI course Microsoft Teams group.
- SI leaders will invite students to join the SI session through Microsoft Teams.
- Students may schedule a one-on-one session using the tutor’s Schedule a Session link.
- Students scheduled for a virtual session will receive a meeting request from the tutor with a link to join the Microsoft Teams virtual meeting.
- To schedule or inquire about student success coaching, contact the Office of Academic Engagement and Advising.
- Students scheduled for a virtual session will receive a meeting request from the student success coach with a link to join the Microsoft Teams meeting.
Meeting requests for all virtual sessions will appear like the following example:
Join Microsoft Teams Meeting
See also this Guide to Adjusting Your Study Habits for helpful tips on transitioning to online learning.
Follow our Microsoft Stream channel for helpful videos on various majors at North Park.
Our “Still Deciding?” webpage offers even more guidance and resources for choosing your major.