RN-to-BSN Grants and Discounts
Grants are need-based awards funded by the federal or state governments. Grants are gift aid and do not need to be paid back.
- Pell Grant: A federal grant based on need; amounts range from $692 to $6,895 per year
- Illinois Monetary Award Program (MAP): A need-based grant for Illinois residents, up to $7,200 per year. Residency is determined according to the standards set by the State of Illinois, and application for this is done by filing your FAFSA by a specific state-set date each year, typically in October. In order to be considered for MAP funds, students are encouraged to complete their FAFSA as soon after October 1 as possible each year. Normally, you would submit your FAFSA in early October. However, for 2024–25, FAFSA will not be available until December.
Delores Johnson Founders Scholarship
The Delores Johnson Founders scholarship provides a 35% tuition reduction to students who are full-time employees of a 501(c) organization or a local, state, or federal government agency.
- No scholarship application is required, but eligibility must be verified in writing on the organization’s letterhead.
- The scholarship is awarded upon admission and written confirmation of eligibility.
Hospital Employee Discounts
Full-time employees at the following partner hospitals who enroll in graduate nursing or RN-to-BSN degree-completion programs at North Park University may be eligible for a 35% tuition reduction:
- Swedish Hospital (see more information below)
- Northwest Community Hospital
- Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital
Contact School of Nursing Admissions for more information.
Swedish Hospital Partnership
North Park University is pleased to provide financial support for employees of Swedish Hospital who enroll in degree programs, either in-person or online, according to the following parameters:
- Students in the School of Nursing and Health Sciences are eligible for a 35% tuition reduction.
- To be eligible for the discount, students must complete an employee verification form available in the Human Resources Department of Swedish Hospital.
- Full-time eligible employees of Swedish Hospital who enroll in a degree program at North Park are awarded a blanket tuition reduction, which represents the full amount of financial aid available from North Park. This discount will not be combined with other North Park grants and scholarships available to other students.
- Continued employment will be verified annually by North Park University’s Financial Aid Office.