Housing Application Process
Housing Policy: Campus Housing Requirement
North Park University requires most undergraduate students to live on campus, with some exceptions for local/commuter, part-time, and students over the age of 24. Become familiar with this policy—and financial penalties for not abiding by this policy.
You will be eligible to apply for on-campus housing only after you have been accepted to the University and at least 24 hours after you have paid your tuition deposit. To apply for housing you must:
- Pay your $250 housing deposit. You must have set up your North Park network account in order to complete the process.
- After you have paid your housing deposit, you will receive housing information and instructions. These are sent to deposited students beginning in February (for the fall semester) and October (for the spring semester).
- You will receive an on-campus housing assignment after you have registered for your first-semester courses.
This housing deposit is held the whole time you are a student at North Park University and returned to you when you graduate. The deposit amount you receive back when you graduate may be less than $250 if any damage fees were assessed to campus housing in which you live.
Your housing deposit will be refunded to you if you cancel your reservation for North Park housing before May 1, for the fall semester, or December 8, for the spring semester.
There are two options for selecting or being assigned a roommate for your first year at North Park:
- Name a Roommate: If you know who you would like to live with, make sure you both make this same request on your housing application. North Park will honor these requests as much as possible; however, both you and your desired roommate must turn in your housing deposits and applications before you can be placed together.
- Match with a Roommate: Questions on the housing application about your intended major, activities, living habits, and other information help our residence life staff place roommates together. While we try to choose roommates that will be a good fit together, please remember that the questions are not perfect measures, and matching is not a perfect science.
Housing Assignment Timeline
Housing assignments are made on the basis of when housing applications are received. If we receive your housing application by June 26, your housing assignment and roommate information will be available to view online on June 26. For all applications received after June 26, housing assignment and roommate information will be available two to three weeks after you submit your application.
Please follow these steps to check your housing assignment after June 26:
- Go to Self Service.
- Log in with your North Park username and password.
- Click on “Students.”
- Click on “Campus Housing Information” under the Student Communication heading.
- Select your start term to view your housing assignment.
All students living in University residence halls (Anderson, Burgh, Ohlson) are required to purchase one of three available meal plans for our campus dining hall. Meal plans are also available to resident students living in University apartments but are not required.
- Current meal plan options and pricing
- Campus dining options