Guaranteed Transfer Admission
Thanks to this partnership between North Park University and College of DuPage, transfer students have a smooth path to completing their bachelor’s degree. This partnership includes guaranteed admission, as well as the opportunity to qualify for scholarships and financial aid. College of DuPage students will benefit from personalized counseling and academic planning to ensure a seamless transition into North Park University. Start your transfer journey at North Park.
Choose Your Pathway
There are two pathways to transfer to North Park. Some choose to transfer in as a traditional undergraduate student in any of our five undergraduate colleges and schools. Others choose to transfer in as a degree-completion student in our School of Professional Studies.
Traditional Undergraduate Transfer
- Primarily daytime classes
- Fall and spring semesters, and summer session
- Primarily on campus in Chicago
- Transfer 12–60 credits
- Choose from 24 majors
School of Professional Studies Transfer
- Primarily online & evening classes
- 7-week class schedule with meetings just one night a week
- Accelerated programs
- Transfer 12–90 credits
- Earn up to 20 elective credits from Credit for Prior Learning
- 6 programs offered by the School of Professional Studies
Students in the School of Professional Studies Degree Completion program may earn the following degrees by choosing a major in:
- Business Administration (BA) View transfer guide.
- Counseling Psychology (BA)
- Digital Marketing (BA) View transfer guide.
- Nonprofit Management (BA)
- Organizational Management and Leadership (BA) View transfer guide.
- Supply Chain Management (BA)
Students in the Traditional Undergraduate program may earn the following degrees by choosing a major in:
- Advertising (BA, BS)
- Art (BA)
- Biology (BA, BS)
- Biochemistry (BA, BS)
- Biomedical Sciences (BA, BS)
- Business (BA, BS)
- Chemistry (BA, BS)
- Christian Ministry (BA)
- Communication Studies (BA)
- Criminal Justice (BA)
- English (BA)
- Exercise Science (BS)
- Health Sciences (BS)
- History (BA)
- Mathematics (BA, BS)
- Molecular Biology and Biotechnology (BA, BS)
- Music (BA, BME)
- Nonprofit Management (BA, BS)
- Philosophy (BA)
- Physical Education (BA, BS)
- Politics and Government (BA)
- Psychology (BA, BS)
- Sociology (BA)
- Spanish (BA)
- Students must be in good standing at College of DuPage at the time of transfer.
- Students must adhere to each institution’s standard policies and procedures including but not limited to those dealing with admission, enrollment in courses, transfer credits, financial aid, student conduct and discipline, academic probation, dismissal, and reentry.
- During enrollment in the Guaranteed Admission Program, North Park University will provide advisement to students to discuss academic program requirements and transfer credit policies. It is recommended that students track their degree progress by working with their transfer advisor at College of DuPage and North Park University.
- Students are eligible to transfer into 24 traditional undergraduate degree programs or 5 accelerated undergraduate degree programs sponsored through North Park University’s School of Professional Studies. Major programs in Engineering, Education, and Nursing are not eligible for guaranteed admission.
- Based on academic performance while enrolled as a College of DuPage student, North Park University scholarships are available for both traditional undergraduate and School of Professional Studies majors.
- Students have completed both ENG 1101 and either ENG 1102 with grades of C or higher to meet the English proficiency requirements of North Park University. Students will not need to submit separate proof of English proficiency at the time of application.
- Students must have graduated from high school (as evidenced by a high school diploma or GED) and complete a minimum of 24–30 transferable credit hours and maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 (2.0 GPA for SPS) on a 4.0 scale on all transferrable course work taken at the College of DuPage prior to admission to the Guaranteed Admission Program.
- Students are expected to enroll, and complete general education and coursework required for admission into their North Park University degree program within three years of initial enrollment in the Guaranteed Admission program.
- Students may transfer a maximum of 60 credits toward traditional undergraduate major programs or 90 credits toward accelerated School of Professional Studies major programs. Courses numbered lower than 100-level and courses not deemed transferable are not included in this agreement.
- Meet with the advising center at the College of DuPage to verify eligibility to apply.
- Complete the application for admission to North Park University
- Schedule an appointment with a North Park Admissions Representative for more information or questions