Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS©)
The TEAS is a mandatory part of the application process to the undergraduate nursing major. Passing the exam does not guarantee you admittance into the program, rather it is one of several requirements.
- Required Pass Rate: The minimum pass rate for the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is an ATI Academic Preparedness Level of “Proficient”
- Eligibility: Students are eligible to take the exam once per semester after they are enrolled in classes at North Park. The TEAS must be taken on campus to be considered for the School of Nursing at North Park University. Students may not repeat the exam after achieving a passing score.
- Cost: Consult at email@example.com.
- Payment: Self-pay directly to ATI© at time test is ordered.
- Sign up: North Park students must email the Pre-Nursing Advisor in the School of Nursing (firstname.lastname@example.org) to sign up for the exam. Your email should include your name, North Park ID number, and first and second choice for the test date. You will receive a confirmation email once you are signed up.
Day of the Test:
Students must bring their North Park ID Card to the exam. Students will not be admitted to take the exam without a proper form of identification.
Students are expected to arrive 10 to 15 minutes prior to the posted start time for the exam. Students who arrive more than 15 minutes late will not be permitted to test and may forfeit their testing fee.
Students should also bring their own writing utensil. Scratch paper will be provided and collected after the exam.
All TEAS exams will be given electronically. You should be prepared to bring your own laptop to test on the day of the exam. Location of exam and need for laptop will be confirmed after student has signed up for the exam.
Students are required to create a free account on www.atitesting.com prior to coming to the exam. Make your username and password something you will remember as it is something students use throughout the duration of the program. The free account may be created before or after registering with the School of Nursing.
The exam includes 4 sections with a total of 209 minutes of testing time. Students should arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the test.
Students with accommodations should notify the School of Nursing when they sign up for the exam so they can be properly arranged prior to the exam.
For additional information on the exam itself and to purchase study materials visit http://www.atitesting.com/ati_store/TEAS-Products.aspx.
Please note, students do not register for the TEAS on the ATI website, but must do so with the School of Nursing office.