How to Apply to the Doctor of Nursing Practice
May 1, 2018
First Cohort Launch: Fall 2018
Delivery Format: Online
Length of Program: Two years and one semester
Candidates to North Park University’s School of Nursing and Health Sciences’ DNP program must apply using the online application provided by NursingCAS, Nursing’s Centralized Application Service.
After you have submitted all the required documentation and it is processed and verified by NursingCAS, North Park will review applications and call qualified applicants for an interview with faculty before making a final admission decision.
- Active Illinois RN license
- Illinois residency status
- MSN/MS with a major in nursing from a U.S. accredited program.
Applicants are to be certified as advanced practice nurses (APN) or to be
master’s-prepared in administrative/leadership nursing specialties, or in
other master’s nursing specialties as approved by the Dean of the School of
Nursing and Health Sciences.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 for all MSN/MS program courses
- Documentation of practice hours completed in MSN/MS program courses
Before starting your application, we encourage you to order your transcripts and have them sent directly to NursingCAS for verification. Please don’t send them to North Park.
- Official graduate transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
Starting Your Application
Make sure you choose North Park University’s DNP (post-master’s) program for fall 2018.
Completing Your Application in NursingCAS
- Complete all NursingCAS required fields:
- Personal information
- Academic history
- Supporting information
- Program materials
Required Document Upload
- Two Essays:
- Discuss your vision for a leadership position you would like to attain within three to five years following DNP program completion. Describe how DNP preparation will assist you in assuming this role. (Max 2000 characters)
- Identify a clinical problem that requires a change in healthcare services and that you would like to address in a DNP project. Discuss some potential approaches to address this problem. Note the institutional/organizational support you have for carrying out a DNP project and who would serve as your project mentor within the organization. (Max 4000 characters)
- Three recommendations (evaluations) requested through NursingCAS. At least one recommendation from current supervisor.
- RN License (upload under License). If you have a second license (e.g. APRN), please upload under “Other.”
Program-Specific Questions in NursingCAS
You will also find North Park’s program-specific questions. Please make sure to answer them.
You should check your personal application page on the NursingCAS application portal to monitor the status of your application and whether your transcripts and recommendations were received. If you have questions, we encourage you to contact our assistant director of admissions directly at (773) 244-5508 or (872) 772-9103.