How to Apply to the Master of Science in Athletic Training Program
Next Cohort: Summer 2019. Classes start June 10.
Deadline to apply: June 1st, 2019.
Length of Program: Two calendar years of summer, fall, and spring terms (6 terms in total)
Candidates to North Park University’s entry-level athletic training program must apply using the online application provided by ATCAS, Athletic Training Centralized Application Service.
Note that we cannot act on your application until you have submitted all the required documentation and it is processed and verified by ATCAS. After that, North Park will review applications and contact qualified applicants. If you have questions before submitting your application, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
- Completion of the Athletic Training Program Application
- Successful completion (“C” or better) in the following (or equivalent) courses by program start date:
- Human Anatomy
- Human Physiology
- Exercise Physiology
- Evidence Based Practice
- CPR/AED Certification
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution (official transcripts*)
- 50 hours of clinical observation under the supervision of an athletic trainer (AT)
- Two professional letters of recommendation; one from AT supervising observation hours
- Personal statement
- Verification that student can meet technical standards
*3+2 students are exempt from needing completed bachelor’s degree before beginning graduate sequence.
Before starting your application, we encourage you to order your official transcripts and have them sent directly to ATCAS for verification. Please don’t send them to North Park.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
If an applicant of the MSAT program is initially unable to submit official transcripts, they may submit unofficial documents for review.
If an applicant chooses to submit unofficial materials the following rules will apply:
- The applicant will receive feedback regarding the viability of their candidacy, and conditional admission may be offered at this time.
- The conditional acceptance letter will come directly from the School of Nursing and Health Sciences.
- For full admission, the student must submit an official application through the ATCAS system and provide official transcripts to ATCAS for verification within 21 days of their start term.
- If a student fails to do so, they will be administratively withdrawn, meaning they will be removed from their courses but still required to make full payment to the University.
Make sure you choose North Park University’s entry-level master’s program.
You should check your personal application page on the ATCAS application portal to monitor the status of your application and whether your transcripts and recommendations were received. If you have questions, we encourage you to contact our assistant director of admissions directly at (773) 244-5508 or (872) 772-9103. You may also e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.