Statements to Use in Student Materials featured image background

Division of Student Engagement

Statements to Use in Student Materials

Program coordinators and school directors are strongly encouraged to include the following statements in each of their student and/or program handbooks. The statement makes it clear that if a student has a disability it is the student’s responsibility to seek accommodations and directs the student to the appropriate office.

North Park University seeks to provide an environment and community where each person may develop academically, socially, and spiritually. North Park University is committed to full inclusion and participation of people with disabilities in all aspects of university life. As a result, the University is willing to relocate programs, services, or activities to make the event accessible. Please allow at least 10 business days for accommodations. Depending on the nature of the program, service, or activity, accommodations may take longer or be able to be coordinated in less time.

If you have questions about accommodations or accessibility to programs, services, or activities offered on campus please contact:

Division of Student Engagement
North Park University
3225 W. Foster Ave.
Box 24
Chicago, IL 60625
(773) 244-5737
Or contact the disability access specialist directly.

You may also contact your program office:

Non-Traditional Students:

  • ESL program: (773) 244-4942
  • RN-to-BSN Completion: (773) 244-5766
  • SPS program: (773) 244-5769
  • Teacher Certification: (773) 244-5613


Graduate and Seminary:

  • School of Business and Non-Profit Management: (773) 244-6270
  • School of Education : (773) 244-5730
  • School of Music : (773) 244-5625
  • School of Nursing : (773) 244-5680
  • Seminary: (773) 244-6219

Grievance Procedure: In the event of a disagreement between student and faculty member or other University employee over an issue of accommodations, the student should first meet with the faculty member or other University employee to seek resolution. If unsuccessful, the student will make an appeal to the department chair person. If necessary, the appeal will be forwarded to the director of the faculty and if unresolved to the dean, who is the final arbiter of the grievance. In cases of appeal, the faculty member’s divisional peers may be asked by the dean to decide as to the merit of the appeal. The student has the right to be represented by counsel.