We offer a wide range of services and resources to students who are exploring their options for majors, fields, and careers—most often first- and second-year undergraduates. We're available to meet with you from your first day on campus, or at any point in your college career. Here are the services we provide to help you find the career that’s right for you.
Career Advantage: A four-year plan that equips you with the skills you need to begin a successful job search. More
- Career Counseling: Whether you are undecided about your major, unsure of the right career path, or experiencing another personal or academic issue that is creating uncertainty in your life, we’ll help you develop a plan for getting the most out of your college experience.
- Resume Review and Development: We’ll review your resume and help you plan out the courses and experiences you need by senior year to gain a competitive advantage in your job search. More
- Interview Preparation: Learn how to research companies and industries to determine whether they match your career interests and gain opportunities to practice articulating your personal strengths and experiences.
- Internship Planning Assistance: Internships are a valuable way to gain real-world work experience, expand your skills, build your resume, and explore whether a career path is right for you. More
- Job Search Strategies: Our comprehensive approach includes helping you identify your interests and strengths, take advantage of events and networking opportunities, use your personal networks for your job search, research organizations, and practice interview skills.
- Career Planning Course: ACSR 1030 is designed to help students who want to conduct academic major and career exploration. More
- Interest Inventories: We’ll provide access to a test that will help identify your interests and then meet to discuss your next steps, including which courses, jobs, internships, or activities will allow you to express and build on your interests. More
- Events: We offer several career development events throughout the year, including visits to local employers, industry-specific employer and alumni speaker series, and opportunities to network and practice interviewing skills. More
For more information or to make an appointment, please contact the Career Development and Internships Office.