Certified Nonprofit Professional Credential Requirements
To obtain the CNP credential and a physical certificate recognizing your accomplishment, students must meet the following program requirements, including fulfillment of a minimum 150-hour internship at a nonprofit organization.
Meet with North Park’s campus co-directors, Gianfranco Farruggia (firstname.lastname@example.org, 773-244-5209) and Samantha Widemon (email@example.com, 773-244-6272), to officially register in the program.
1. Successful completion of five core courses (18 semester hours)
Principles of Macroeconomics (BSE 2211)
Introduction to Nonprofit Management and Leadership (NONP 2710)
Foundations of Marketing (BSE 2610)
Nonprofit Governance and Volunteer Management (NONP 3710)
Advanced Nonprofit Marketing and Fundraising (NONP 3600)
Review the descriptions for these courses in the academic catalog.
2. Completion of nonprofit management internship – BSE 4970 (1-4 semester hours)
- A minimum of 300 hours: equivalent to two semesters of 10 hours per week, one semester of 20 hours per week, one summer of 25 to 30 hours per week or some combination of these options.
- Internships must be pre-approved by the campus director.
3. Active membership in the Nonprofit Leadership Club (NLC) for at least two semesters
Designed to operate like a nonprofit, this student-led organization meets weekly to plan and implement nonprofit awareness events and activities. The mission of NLC is to prepare and educate future professionals for lives of significance and service in the nonprofit sector through cultural, social, and educational co-curricular opportunities. NLC membership is open to all North Park students.
4. Attendance at one national Nonprofit Leadership Alliance Management Institute
Held in early January, the Institute brings together hundreds of college and university students from across the country to learn more about the field of nonprofit management and network with prospective employers and colleagues.