Office of the Registrar

Diplomas and Graduated Status

Official Graduated Status

When all grades, exams, practicum results, and any pending administrative issues are completed, a student will be officially graduated. Any pending issues will cause delay and may even require your graduation date to be postponed.

Graduated status can take several weeks to finalize as final grades and results are submitted. For this reason, your transcript will not reflect a recently completed program immediately after your graduation day.


The University orders diplomas for all graduating students after commencement and all final grades are submitted. Students cannot order their diplomas in advance. All administrative issues must be resolved and you must be officially graduated in order for a diploma to be ordered.

Things to keep in mind:

  • Diplomas are usually delivered to students eight to 10 weeks after graduation.
  • Make sure your mailing address on file with the University is up-to-date to prevent your diploma from being returned or lost (in which case you would need to order a replacement diploma; see below).
  • If there is an outstanding balance on your account, your diplomas and transcripts cannot be released. Contact Student Administrative Services for information regarding your account.
  • If you have borrowed federal student loans, you must complete an exit counseling session for each loan. Your diploma will not be released until the exit counseling has been completed. Please visit for more information.
  • Diplomas will show the degree program you have completed (for example, bachelor of arts, master of science, etc.), any honors, and your date of graduation. They will not state your major, minor, or concentration.

Replacement Diplomas

The University does not keep a copy of your diploma on file. If you request a replacement diploma, your cost will be $35.

To request a replacement diploma, please complete the Diploma Reorder Request Form and return it to Student Services. All replacement diplomas must be requested in writing and include your legal name. If you have an outstanding balance on your account, the processing of your request may be delayed.