How to Apply for Graduation for Undergraduate Students
Here are the steps you need to take in preparation to graduate with an undergraduate degree from North Park University.
We recommend you apply for graduation one year in advance to allow enough time for the graduation process and for the completion of any outstanding requirements. The following table may be helpful:
|Anticipated Graduation Term
|Submit Application By
In addition to the Graduation Application, which you must complete in its entirety, you may need to submit the following to the records evaluator in the Office of the Registrar:
- Transfer of Major Courses Form Required for any courses that you transferred to North Park University from another institution that may apply to your major courses. This form must be approved and signed by the department chair
- Course waiver/substitution documentation from your academic department
- Declaration of Major or any changes to your major
- Pending official transcripts from other institutions
The My Progress screen in Student Planning has provided you with information your program requires throughout your entire tenure at North Park. However, official degree audits are completed by the records evaluator in the Office of the Registrar. The audit is sent via email to you and your academic advisor. You cannot graduate until you receive your audit results and take the steps necessary to complete any outstanding requirements, including paying your bill in full. (Remember to check your North Park email account regularly, since most official correspondence is conducted by email.)
Find out more about Senior Checkout here. This checkout is mandatory for all traditional undergraduate graduation candidates. Graduate program and School of Professional Studies students do not need to attend.
Senior Checkout Day is an easy way for you to make sure everything is in order for your graduation. You can:
- Obtain more information about your cap and gown order
- Confirm your diploma name
- Update your mailing address
- Verify your name pronunciation for Commencement
- Obtain more information about graduation activities
- Settle your student, academic, and library accounts
- Discuss next steps after graduation
If you cannot attend, please contact the records evaluator for more information.
Information about Senior Checkout will be sent via email. Please check your North Park email regularly for updates.
Participation in the Commencement ceremony is expected of all students. If you are unable to attend, you must contact the records evaluator in the Office of the Registrar and inform (via email) the dean of your college/school.
An event rehearsal will be held on the Wednesday prior to the commencement ceremony. Please watch for campus announcements and official communication with the relevant dates, times, and details. All emails will be sent to your North Park email address.
All students are assessed a $150 graduation application fee when they turn in their graduation application. The graduation fee applies to every student, regardless of participation in the commencement ceremony. If your graduation plans change, you must contact the records evaluator in the Office of the Registrar.
You can only graduate in the semester in which all administrative issues have been submitted and resolved (pending any incomplete grades, exams, practicum results, etc.).