What’s Happening in Health Services
Thanks for coming out for the Healthy Eating Club!
North Park University’s first-ever Healthy Eating Club started off with great success! We enjoyed a sweet hummus dip with apples, found different ways to eat Brussels sprouts (raw and baked), and enjoyed spiralized zucchini and butternut squash. Thanks to all the students who came to club meetings and helped make the food, asked great questions, and provided a wonderful sense of community.
A special thanks to Aurelia Gordillo, our Health Services intern, who helped plan for each club meeting, including teachings on reading nutrition labels and probiotics.
The Healthy Eating Club meetings will return in the Fall 2019 semester.
Please reach out to Health and Counseling Support Services with any questions (email email@example.com or call 773-244-4897).
78 students and staffed were trained through North Park’s NEW and FREE Adult CPR/AED training classes this semester!
Thanks to the 78 students and staff who came out for North Park University’s first-ever FREE Adult CPR and AED training classes during the spring 2019 semester. These classes would not have been possible without the following:
- Eric McQuaid (Athletic Training), Ericka Adams (Helwig Recreation), and Meghan Pillow (University Nurse), who taught the classes
- Financial support from Human Resources, Student Government Association, Athletic Training, Helwig Recreation, and Health Services to purchase the high-tech equipment to teach the class
Look out for more FREE Adult CPR/AED classes during the Fall 2019 semester!
Health and Counseling Support Services will be closed beginning Monday, May 20th through Friday, August 9th
The staff in Health and Counseling Support Services hope all students have a safe and healthy summer.
In effort to support student learning as well as students’ physical and psychological needs when Health and Counseling Support Services is closed over summer break, we ask students to refer to the following information:
- Please make sure you take care of any needed immunizations and email proof of your immunizations to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop the documents off at Student Engagement in the Johnson Center.
- You can access Swedish Covenant Hospital, Swedish Covenant Medical Group (SCMG), Swedish Covenant Immediate Care (SCIC) or other local immediate care centers for your campus health care needs over the summer. North Park University will pay for one office visit through Swedish Covenant Medical Group (SCMG) or Swedish Covenant Immediate Care (SCIC) once per academic year. Students who have not used their free visit to SCMG or SCIC during the fall or spring semesters in 2017-2018 can still use their free visit in the summer of 2018. Please tell the staff at SCMG or SCIC that you are a North Park student and bring your North Park ID. For further information, go to northpark.edu/healthservicesFAQ.
- For inquiries regarding Counseling Support Services, please visit our website at www.northpark.edu/counseling once the office closes (May 20th) for further information.
Welcome to Health Services
With support and direction from Swedish Covenant Hospital, North Park University’s Health Services provides a variety of services for students to improve or maintain their health, obtain appropriate medical care, and make healthy life choices.
Health Services, along with Counseling Support, is located at 3317 W. Foster Avenue (four doors west of the North Park Postal Center).
Note: Health and Counseling Support Services will be closed beginning Monday, May 20th through Friday, August 9th.
Office hours for Health and Counseling Support Services are Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm during the fall and spring semesters. A registered nurse is present on campus three days a week (see hours and contact information below). A certified nursing assistant is present during office hours Monday through Friday and can take vital signs and perform blood glucose checks when necessary.
Contact the Nurse
The University Nurse is available in Health Services during the fall and spring semesters. The nurse’s clinic hours are as follows:
- Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm
You can email the nurse (see button below) or refer to the FAQs for questions about where to seek medical care when Health Services is not open or the nurse is not present on campus.
You can also reach the office staff at Health Services at 773-244-4897 or email@example.com. For medical emergencies please call 911.
Helwig Recreation Center
North Park students, faculty, and staff all have unlimited access to Helwig Recreation Center, which offers a variety of exercise equipment and classes, intramural athletics, and wellness education.