What’s Happening in Health Services
Take Every Precaution to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
As students return to campus, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Maintain appropriate physical distancing of 6 feet from others.
- Follow the mask mandate in indoor settings and continue to wear a mask in crowded outdoor settings.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Stay home if you are experiencing symptoms of Covid-19 or have been in close contact with someone who tested positive for Covid-19 and contact Health Services (email@example.com, 773-244-4890) as soon as possible for further evaluation.
- Contact Health Services if you have traveled internationally or have been to a state experiencing a surge in new Covid-19 cases, per the city of Chicago’s Emergency Travel Order.
- Call 911 if you are experiencing symptoms that require immediate medical attention, such as shortness of breath, persistent pain or pressure in the chest, new confusion, or inability to arouse, or bluish lips or face.We all play an important role in preventing the spread of COVID-19. Please visit our Fall 2021 webpage for more information to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 on campus.
Welcome to Health Services
NOTE: To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we ask that students call (773-244-4897) or email Health Services before walking over to Health Services. We will be conducting secure and confidential tele-health video conferencing whenever possible and making appointments for those who need to physically come to Health Services for medical attention.
With support and direction from Swedish Covenant Hospital, North Park University’s Health Services provides a variety of services for students to improve or maintain their health, obtain appropriate medical care, and make healthy life choices.
Location and Office Hours
Health Services, along with Counseling Support, is located at 3317 W. Foster Avenue (four doors west of the North Park Postal Center).
Office hours for Health and Counseling Support Services are Monday–Friday 8:30 am–4:30 pm during the fall and spring semesters. Registered Nurses Esther Uputuri (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Julia Guzman (email@example.com) are present on campus five days a week from 8:30 am–4:00 pm.
You can email Health Services or refer to the FAQs for questions about where to seek medical care when Health Services is not open or the nurse is not present on campus. For medical emergencies please call 911.
Helwig Recreation Center
North Park students, faculty, and staff all have unlimited access to Helwig Recreation Center, which offers a variety of exercise equipment and classes, intramural athletics, and wellness education.