Counseling Support Services is CLOSED between May 22nd and August 7th.
If a student is in need of assistance with a mental health concern, please refer to the information below:
- A student is eligible for counseling if they are enrolled as a full-time student in the fall of 2019.
- If a student is seeking services to begin in the fall 2019, they can email using the website to be placed on the fall list. A student will be contacted once the office re-opens.
- If a student is seeking counseling during the summer (and is enrolled for the fall), they can click on the request button on this page.
- Students who have already participated in counseling through NPU or are not enrolled for fall 2019 are welcome to participate in counseling using another source of payment (i.e. health insurance or private pay); for referral resources, please email our office via the CSS website.
- Counseling services must be approved by the Dean of Students or the Director of Counseling Support Services.
May is Mental Health Month
Mental health is essential to overall health and well-being, and mental illnesses are common and treatable. All people experience times of difficulty and stress in their lives. Finding the balance between work and play, the ups and downs of life, physical health and mental health, can help you on the path towards focusing both #4Mind4Body.
Find more information about mental health and Mental Health Month at:
Welcome to Counseling Support Services
North Park’s Counseling Support Services offers mental health consultations, individual counseling, group counseling, and referrals. In addition, there are several other support services offered to the campus community. For appointment requests please click the button below, call us at (773) 244-4897, or visit our office Monday through Friday, 9 am to 4:30 pm at 3317 W Foster Ave.
Need Help Now?
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK(8255)
Nacional de Prevención del Suicidio: 1-888-628-9454
For Deaf & Hard of Hearing: 1-800-799-4TTY(4889)
Crisis Text Line: Text “START” to 741-741
Trevor Project, LGBTQ support: 866-488-7386 or Text “Trevor” to 1-202-304-1200
The Steve Fund, for young people of color: Text “STEVE” to 741-741
Trans lifeline, Transgender support: 877-565-8860, 10am-4am