Welcome to Counseling Support Services
Counseling Support Services strives to provide North Park students with competent, confidential, and caring mental health support that encourages personal and emotional growth and the development of healthy attitudes, skills, and abilities.
Services, free of charge to all degree-seeking North Park students, include consultations, individual and group counseling, and case management. Appointments are currently being provided both in-person and virtually (telehealth). For appointment requests please click the button below, call us at (773) 244-4897, or visit our office Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 4:30 pm at 3317 W Foster Ave (a few doors west of the campus postal center). General inquires can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our flow chart tool for understanding our services and how to contact us!
Follow us on Instagram @npuhealth.
Summer Counseling Support
Consultation meetings and referral and linkage to off campus mental health support is available virtually (telehealth) during the summer months. For appointment requests please click the button below. General inquires can be directed to email@example.com. Full counseling support services, including individual and group counseling, will resume in the fall.
Let’s Talk Drop-In Counseling
Counseling Support Services piloted drop-in counseling support during the 2020-21 and 2021-22 academic years with much success! Let’s Talk drop-in counseling is available without an appointment and students are welcome to simply drop-in during the scheduled days and times throughout the week for any counseling related concern. Drop-in services are offered on a first come, first served basis, and will resume in fall 2022.
Counseling Teams Up with ThrivingCampus!
ThrivingCampus is a new tool to assist students, either independently or with assistance from Counseling staff, with locating mental health providers off campus. ThrivingCampus also has a help guide that includes great information about the ins and outs of finding a clinician in the community and paying for counseling.
Need Help Now?
Need Help Now?
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK(8255)
Nacional de Prevención del Suicidio: 1-888-628-9454
For Deaf & Hard of Hearing: 1-800-799-4TTY(4889)
- Crisis Text Line: Text “START” to 741-741
- Trevor Project, LGBTQ support: 866-488-7386 or Text “Trevor” to 1-202-304-1200
- The Steve Fund, for young people of color: Text “STEVE” to 741-74
- Trans Lifeline, Transgender support: 877-565-8860 (English & Spanish available)
- Military/Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255, press 1
- The Living Room: Forever Hope — 4423 N Ravenswood Ave, Chicago, (773) 537-3601. Available 7 days a week, 2:00 pm–9:00 pm.
- The Welcoming Center — 5215 N. California Ave, Suite F101, Chicago, (Next to Au Bon Pain), (773) 561-5809. Walk-in Hours: Monday–Friday, 8:00 am–7:00 pm.
- 911 or visit your local hospital emergency room — The closest ER to North Park University is Swedish Hospital, 5140 N California Ave, Chicago, (773) 878-8200.