Intercultural Studies Certificate
If you serve—or are considering serving—in cultures outside your own, the certificate in intercultural studies is designed for you. This 15-credit program will provide you the missiological tools to empower your congregation to think, plan, and serve biblically, culturally, and strategically.
Gain the skills and biblical framework necessary to effectively serve in multicultural and global ministry. With a diverse campus community located in one of Chicago’s most diverse neighborhoods, our expert faculty bring a wealth of practical and theological experience in engaging intercultural and global ministry. Professors will get to know you personally, walking alongside you as you discern your call to serve.
Courses in the certificate can be applied to a full master’s degree at North Park Theological Seminary. The certificate’s flexible course options—many are offered online or as intensive hybrid courses—allow for distance learning, and for a schedule that fits your needs.
Meet the Faculty: Paul de Neui
Dr. Paul de Neui is the director of the Seminary's Center for World Christian Studies
and actively works to promote intercultural competency as an integral piece of every Seminarian's education. Each year he offers a global travel course, exploring faith outside of students' home context.
Learn more about Dr. de Neui and the Seminary faculty.
Required courses (6 credits)
- MNST 6151 Cultural Dimensions of Mission
- MNST 6277 Religions and Cultures
One of the following travel courses (3 hours)
- MNST 5156 Mission and Ministry in Latin America
- MNST 5157 Mission and Ministry in Asia
- MNST 5158 Mission and Ministry in Africa
- MNST 5159 International Mission and Ministry
- MNST 6401 Sankofa: Racial Righteousness and Reconciliation
Two of the following elective courses (6 hours)
- MNST 5175 Global Partnewship: Practicing Biblical Koinonia
- MNST 6150 Pastoring the Missional Church
- MNST 6152 Mission Strategy and Methodology
- MNST 6264 Communicating the Faith in the Contemporary World
- MNST 7140 God's Global Vision: Biblical Foundations of Mission
Explore course descriptions for the classes in this certificate.
Learn more about applying for this certificate program.