Intercultural Ministry Certificate
This 12-credit program will provide you with the tools to equip your congregation to think, plan, and practice interculturally as part of its witness to the whole gospel “in Jerusalem, Judea and Samaria, and the ends of the earth.” If you serve—or are considering serving—in cultures outside of your own, this certificate is designed for you. By virtue of our experienced faculty, global partnerships, and the diverse urban context of north Chicago, this certificate will help you become interculturally competent as you gain the biblical, theological, and practical skills to serve across cultures and around the world.
Developed out of our Center for World Christian Studies, the Intercultural Ministry Certificate's courses can be applied to a full master’s degree at North Park Theological Seminary. The certificate’s flexible course options—many are offered online or as intensive hybrid courses—allow for distance learning, and for a schedule that fits your needs.
Meet the Faculty: Paul de Neui
Dr. Paul de Neui is the director of the Seminary's Center for World Christian Studies
and actively works to promote intercultural competency as an integral piece of every Seminarian's education. Each year he offers a global travel course, exploring faith outside of students' home context.
Learn more about Dr. de Neui and the Seminary faculty.
Required courses (6 credits)
- MNST 6151 Cultural Dimensions of Mission
- MNST 5110 Religions and Cultures
One of the following travel courses (3 hours)
- MNST 6125 Issues of Christian Faith in the Americas
- MNST 6130 the Gospel in Asian Contexts
- MNST 6135 Experiencing African Christianity
- MNST 6140 Experiencing Global Christianity
Two of the following elective courses (3 hours)
- MNST 5175 Global Partnership: Practicing Biblical Koinonia
- MNST 6145 Mission of God: Insights for Service
- MNST 6165 “Leading Healthy Missional Change.”
- MNST 6152 “Rethinking Mission: Lessons from Christian Art, History and Practice
- MNST 6401 Sankofa: Racial Righteousness and Reconciliation
Explore course descriptions for the classes in this certificate.
Learn more about applying for this certificate program.