The Evangelical Covenant Church
North Park was founded in 1891 by the Evangelical Covenant Church (ECC).
North Park Theological Seminary & the ECC
North Park Theological Seminary is the only seminary of the Evangelical Covenant Church.
Our commitment to preparing individuals for service in a variety of contexts reflects the mission and values of the ECC.
Academic study is informed by practical engagement of faith, ethics, and values. Seminarians participate in campus and urban communities as they explore their calls-to-serve.
About the ECC
- Multi-ethnic denomination formed in 1885 by Swedish immigrants
- 800 congregations in North America and ministries on five continents
- Seeks to nurture communities and individuals committed to Jesus Christ and engaged in Christ’s mission in the world
- The centrality of the word of God
- The necessity of new birth
- A commitment to the whole mission of the church
- The church as a fellowship of believers
- A conscious dependence on the Holy Spirit
- The reality of freedom in Christ