New Students featured image background

Student Health and Wellness

New Students and Required Vaccines

Welcome to the North Park community! As you and your family prepare for your transition to our campus, here are a few things to take note of:

Immunization Records

The State of Illinois requires all new and transfer students taking 6 or more credit hours on campus to show proof of two to three types of immunizations (or vaccines) before starting classes, including the following:

All new and transfer students in full-time status need to complete the Immunization Record form (see link below) and return it to Health Services via fax to 773-634-4060 or mail or hand deliver to 3317 W. Foster Avenue, Chicago, IL 60625. The Immunization Record form requires supporting documentation as proof of your immunizations.

All international students and students who have studied abroad to high-risk countries are required to get tuberculosis screening. See the Immunization Record Form below for more details.

This Immunization Record Form is due July 15 (for fall semester) or December 15 (for spring semester).


If you don’t already have them, learn how to find your immunization records.

If you are participating on one of North Park University’s intercollegiate athletic teams, you must also complete the pre-participation packet.

Recommended Vaccines for College

Do you have questions about meningitis B or human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines? Learn more about these and other vaccinations we recommend you have before starting college.

Maintaining Good Health in College

Find recommendations for a first aid kit, other healthcare items you should have on hand, and tips on how to stay healthy during your first year (and beyond) in our Self Care Center.

Records Confidentiality

Please note that healthcare records are confidential and cannot be reviewed by or released to anyone, including parents or other family members, without the express written consent of the student. This includes visits and corresponding records from Health and Counseling Support Services at North Park.

Students and their families are encouraged to discuss this privacy, along with the Family Educational Rights Privacy Act (FERPA) restrictions before the beginning of the academic year.

Authorization of Treatment for Minors

All active North Park University students who are minors (less than 18 years of age) must have a parent or guardian sign an Authorization for Minors form that allows authorization of their treatment at Health Services and provides a means to contact the parent or guardian in case of a medical emergency or if certain medical treatments are needed.

Please return the signed form to Health Services at 3317 W. Foster Avenue or fax the form to 773-634-4060.