All international students must have satisfactorily completed, at minimum, the equivalent of the American Grade 12 in order to begin undergraduate studies at North Park University.
International students applying to North Park University must demonstrate their ability to pursue studies the English language by meeting North Park's English language proficiency requirement. North Park accepts current TOEFL and IELTS test scores, and also offers some exceptions for students who have studied previously in English or are from specific countries.
North Park University's TOEFL code is 1556. Please have your test scores sent directly to the University by the testing agency using this code.
- Completed online application
- Academic reference and an optional personal reference (Instructions given in online application)
- Writing sample (essay or personal statement)
- Proof of English proficiency
- Official school transcripts, evaluated by Educational Perspectives, WES, or ECE, if your schools were outside the United States
- Copy of your passport
- Completed International Student Financial Resources Form (must download, print, and submit)
- Bank statement showing at least $38,300 (for Fall 2014) in available funds, including scholarships or other support
- ACT or SAT scores are optional for international students, but may be submitted; North Park's ACT code is 1098 and our SAT code is 1556
- If you're accepted for admission, you will receive letter of acceptance and I-20 form from North Park University.
- You must apply and pay the I-901 SEVIS fee online. Instructions will be included in your admission packet.
- You'll need to schedule visa interview at your local American Embassy, allowing at least one week between payment of the I-901 SEVIS fee and your interview.
- During your interview, you will need to present proof of payment of the I-901 SEVIS fee.
- When you're ready to come to the United States, submit your International Arrival Form so know when to expect you and can assist you in getting to campus from the airport.
International Transfer Students
Students who wish to transfer in credit as an international student should contact their recruiter for more details. Students from Scandinavian countries should review North Park's specific details for transfer credit granted to them.