North Park University is city-centered. With Catalyst 606_ _ you’ll explore the city every week. U-Pass will help you get there. Getting outside the classroom, exploring the city, and applying knowledge in the city is part of the North Park curriculum.
In an individual semester, the CTA U-Pass is your ticket to unlimited riding aboard CTA buses and trains for the cardholder.
It offers all full-time traditional undergraduate students unlimited use and an unparalleled opportunity to take advantage of everything Chicago offers. It’s your connection to shopping, sports events, social activities, art and entertainment centers, and anything else that grabs your attention.
How it Works
- During school semesters: unlimited riding aboard CTA buses and trains.
- Between school semesters: works as a regular, declining balance transit card.
- PACE bus routes: U-Pass works as a regular declining-balance transit card year round.
Distribution events occur during the first week of each semester. The following distribution dates are for Fall 2017:
Friday, August, 25th
- New Students – 8am – 1pm; Gym Lobby
- Returning Students – 2 – 4:30pm; Student Services Building
Monday, August 28th and Tuesday, August 29th
- All students – 10am – 2pm; Johnson Center Room 155
- All students – 3pm – 6:30pm; Student Services Building
Beginning Wednesday, August 30th, your UPass may be picked up at Student Administrative Services during regular business hours:
- Monday -Thursday – 8am -6:30pm
- Friday: – 8am-4:30pm
- Saturday 9am-1pm
The UPass will be active for the fall semseter August 25, 2017 – December 17, 2017.
- To be eligible, you must be:
- Full-time (12 credits or more)
- Traditional (undergraduate students not enrolled in the School of Professional Studies)
- All full-time, traditional, undergraduate students are automatically enrolled in the U-Pass program.
- The U-Pass is not optional for any eligible student.
- The fee for the U-Pass program is $130 per semester.
- If your enrollment changes before the last day to drop courses, your U-Pass will be adjusted accordingly.
- It can take 3-10 business days for changes in eligibility to be reflected in the Ventra U-Pass system.
- Students who do not meet the minimum credit hour requirement are NOT eligible. They are not assessed the fee.
- Students in programs other than the traditional undergraduate program are NOT eligible. They are not assessed the fee.
- Activate your card.
- Register your card.
- Registration allows you to monitor your account and usage. Registration does not require that you link your card to a credit or debit card and does not automatically activate your U-Pass (which must be completed over the phone). Registering your U-Pass is not required but can be a very helpful tool.
- Take your card out of your wallet and tap it to the Ventra logo at the turn style to enter a CTA bus or train station.
- To avoid charges to other contactless cards you may have, remove your card out of your wallet.
- Pay close attention to the tap display when using your U-Pass. This will help you to determine if your tap was a U-Pass transaction or if you have been charged the regular fare for your ride.
- Students are responsible for monitoring their own account information and status. If changes have been made to your enrollment, please allow 3 to 10 business days for those changes to affect your U-Pass.
Getting Your U-Pass
- Distribution sessions are held in conjunction with the start of each semester. A schedule of these events will be posted during the summer.
- Lost, stolen, or damaged U-Passes are replaced at North Park University.
- Students can purchase a replacement card.
- There is a $50.00 replacement fee payable to North Park University at the time the request is made.
- A card takes approximately 7 business days to arrive and then will be available for pick up.
- Only one replacement pass will be provided per academic school year.
- If you have any questions, please email email@example.com