Services for Graduate and SPS Students
Graduate and SPS students can take advantage of the Writing Center in several ways:
- Distance conferencing is offered for SPS, DNP, and graduate students by appointment only. Please contact Nancy Hostetter at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tim Johnson at email@example.com to set up an appointment.
- WAs (Undergraduate Writing Advisors) may also work with graduate students, especially if the need arises. WAs serve as “sympathetic first readers” who can work on higher order concerns such as interpreting prompts, paper organization and development, or checking citation format. WAs may direct graduate students back to their professors if asked content-based questions they don’t feel qualified to answer or to Melissa Pavlik for grammar/ESL concerns.
- Individual Appointments can be made with Melissa Pavlik by calling (773) 244-4918 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also schedule a meeting via Calendly at https://calendly.com/mpavlik.
- A Writing Coach can be provided (free of charge) for graduate students able to commit to 6 one-hour coaching sessions per semester. After receiving a faculty recommendation and student signature on a letter of understanding, the Writing Center will match you with a professional coach based on mutual availability.
- A List of Professional Writing Coaches who have worked with NPU graduate students in the past in the Writing Center is available. In this case, interested graduate students can contact these coaches, agree on a fee, and set up appointments that fit their schedules. Email email@example.com for details.