Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.
– Maya Angelou
In the North Park International Office we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to study abroad. Our comprehensive program makes international education accessible in the following ways:
- Location: North Park students have access to 200 study abroad sites in 54 countries spanning six continents.
- Duration: Some study abroad programs are a semester to a year in length, while others last one to two weeks and run over school breaks.
- Language: About 50 percent of North Park’s study abroad programs require students to have some level of proficiency in a foreign language; the other 50 percent offer courses in English in a variety of subjects.
- Timeline: While the majority of college students choose to study abroad during their junior year, North Park has programs for sophomores and for seniors; you can even study abroad during your final semester.
- Topic: Study abroad programs are available for students in any major, and even for those who have not yet decided on a field of study.
- Funding: Over 90 percent of North Park study abroad programs cost the same amount as studying at North Park, and allow you to apply all financial aid you would receive if you were studying on our Chicago campus.
Twenty-seven percent of last year’s graduates spent time learning or serving abroad during their stay at North Park. Where will you study abroad?