Your study abroad experience doesn’t end once you’re back on campus. We invite you to stay connected:
- Share your pictures, videos, and stories from abroad with us. Send materials to the Office of International Affairs for a chance to be featured on the NPU website or Instagram.
- Volunteer with the Office of International Affairs. Contact us for more information about available opportunities for the annual Study Abroad Fair, international student orientation, study abroad orientation, and more.
Reverse Culture Shock
Returning from study abroad can be full of mixed emotions. It’s a bittersweet experience to leave your host country and return to North Park. Almost all students experience some form of reverse culture shock. During this readjustment period you’ll be reestablishing relationships and sharing your experience with others. You may find that there may have been changes with friends and family while you were away—and you have also changed and grown in many ways. Here are few great resources to help you readjust:
- What’s Up With Culture?: University of the Pacific online course on reverse culture shock and how to deal with it.
- Article: How to Deal with Reverse Culture Shock After Studying Abroad
- Counseling Support Services: North Park offers FREE counseling sessions for students. Take advantage of meeting with a counselor to process you study abroad experiences and reentry.
Check out this list of ways to stay involved on campus, locally, or internationally during the rest of your time at North Park or after graduation.
Pursue a graduate degree abroad. Check out these funding resources:
- Find a Masters: A one-stop shop for students looking for Master’s degrees or postgraduate qualifications from around the world.
- Masters Portal Discover thousands of Master’s programs from all over the world. Search by keyword, discipline and region or use the advanced search.
- Fulbright Graduate Degree Grants: Fully funded master’s degree programs for U.S. citizens.
- American-Scandinavian Foundation Fellowships: scholarships for study/research in Scandinavia.
Check out some of these organizations that offer teach abroad opportunities.