Students abroad in Taiwan cross a red bridge to a small island.

Undergraduate Programs

Information for Faculty and Staff

As a staff or faculty member at North Park, you have an important role to play in the study abroad process. Whether you’re helping a student navigate the process of studying abroad or developing a new study abroad program for your department, you help the Office of International Affairs make international education a reality for North Park students.

You can log onto the study abroad portal here, using your NPU username and password, to explore all study abroad programs.

Explore Programs

The Office of International Affairs would love to come present in your class, to your team, or your residence hall about study abroad! We are happy to come for a brief time (5–15 minutes) or a full hour—whatever works best for you. Contact The Office of International Affairs to schedule a class visit today.

  • As a faculty advisor, you may be asked to complete a recommendation form or letter for your student. Please complete these to the best of your ability! You can find more information about those forms and the application process here.
  • Students can take a variety of courses during study abroad, depending on their program. The Office of International Affairs will work with students to help them find courses to fulfill NPU degree requirements. It is important to communicate to students which courses they must take abroad or cannot take abroad (if any). Courses such as electives within a major or general elective course are the easiest to find abroad, and therefore should typically be saved for the study abroad semester, if possible.
  • All courses that students take abroad will transfer back to NPU, so long as students have completed the Course Transfer Form. It is the responsibility of the student to bring this form to you to sign. The Records Office can also accept electronic signatures (email permission).
  • Questions? Please contact the Office of International Affairs staff at

Are you interested in developing a new short-term academic study tour? Please read through the handbook and contact the Office of International Affairs to get started. Note: new programs must be proposed at least one year in advance. Applications for study tours during for the upcoming academic year (Fall – Summer) are due by May 1.

Academic Study Tour Handbook

Propose New Study Tour

Repeat Study Tour Form

International Travel Policy