How to Apply for Graduation for Undergraduate Students
Here are the steps you need to take in preparation to graduate with an undergraduate degree from North Park University.
We recommend you apply for graduation one year in advance to allow enough time for the graduation process and for the completion of any outstanding requirements. The following table may be helpful:
|Anticipated Graduation Term||Submit Application By|
|May 2019||April 2018|
|August 2019||August 2018|
|December 2019||December 2018|
|May 2020||May 2019|
|December 2020||December 2019|
In addition to the Graduation Application, which you must complete in its entirety, you may need to submit the following to the Records Evaluator in Student Administrative Services:
- Transfer of Major Courses Form Required for any courses that you transferred to North Park University from another institution that may apply to your major courses. This form must be approved and signed by the department chair
- Course waiver/substitution documentation from your academic department
- Declaration of Major or any changes to your major
- Pending official transcripts from other institutions
Official degree audits are completed by the Records Evaluator in Student Services. The audit is sent via email to you and your academic advisor. You cannot graduate until you receive your audit results and take the steps necessary to complete any outstanding requirements, including paying your bill in full. (Remember to check your North Park email account regularly, since most official correspondence is conducted by email.)
This checkout is mandatory for all traditional undergraduate graduation candidates. Please allow about 30 minutes to complete the checkout process. Graduate program and School of Professional Studies students do not need to attend.
Senior Checkout Day is an easy way for you to make sure everything is in order for your graduation. You can:
- Obtain more information about your cap and gown order
- Confirm your diploma name
- Update your mailing address
- Verify your name pronunciation for Commencement
- Obtain more information about graduation activities
- Settle your student, academic, and library accounts
- Discuss next steps after graduation
If you cannot attend, please contact the records evaluator for more information.
May 2019 graduates
Tuesday, February 19, 2019
December 2019 graduates
Tuesday, September 24, 2019
Commencement participation at North Park University is required for all students, with exceptions made for some extenuating circumstances. You may request to be absent from commencement by submitting a written petition to the dean of your college/school.
An event rehearsal will be held during the week prior to the commencement ceremony. Please watch for campus announcements and official communication with the relevant dates, times, and details.
All students are assessed a $150 graduation application fee when they turn in their graduation application. Students will be assessed a $200 late graduation application fee if their application is turned in after the fourth week of the semester in which they are graduating. The graduation fee applies to every student, regardless of participation in the commencement ceremony. If your graduation plans change, you must contact the records evaluator in Student Administrative Services.
You can only graduate in the semester in which all administrative issues have been submitted and resolved (pending any incomplete grades, exams, practicum results, etc.).