Virtual BootCamp for New Nonprofit CEOs
Thank you for your interest in the Axelson Center’s BootCamp for New Nonprofit Executive Directors. The application period for our January 2021 Virtual BootCamp is now closed. Please check back with us in the spring for information about our August 2021 BootCamp program.
Please sign up for our mailing list so that you receive up-to-date information about BootCamp.
Leading an organization, engaging stakeholders, raising funds, and managing staff can be challenging. BootCamp is an opportunity for you to invest in yourself as a leader and dedicate time for your own professional growth.
Hear from expert speakers on a range of topics including:
- Board governance
- Strategic planning
- Human resources management
- Project management
Connect with other nonprofit executive directors from across a variety of subsectors for support and collaborative solutions to the challenges you wrestle with in your leadership role.
In order to be considered for this program, an applicant must:
- Serve as the CEO/Executive Director (the highest position in the organization) or begin serving in this role by the first day of BootCamp
- Have been in the CEO/Executive Director position for 3 years or less
- Be willing to participate in five half-day sessions
If you have a question about your eligibility, please contact us before submitting an application.
- The fee for our virtual BootCamp program is $695 for this year’s cohort.
- Program materials are included.
- Applicants from organizations with an annual budget under $1 million are eligible for a $200 scholarship. (Note: this scholarship will automatically be applied to the fee if accepted into the program.)
- Applicants are required to pay a $50 deposit when submitting their application. If accepted, this deposit is subtracted from the overall program cost.
- Participants will be invoiced for the remaining balance prior to the start of BootCamp.
- Payment is due in full by the first day of BootCamp.
We use an online application. Applicants are not able to save work and return later to complete this form. Please make sure you have the items in the checklist below ready before beginning the application process. Allow at least 30 minutes to complete. Applications are due by 5 pm December 2, 2020. After completing the application, please follow the Paypal link provided to pay the required $50 deposit. If you would like to pay by check, please contact us.
- Short answer responses
- What are your organization’s mission, vision, and values statements?
- Why do you want to attend BootCamp? What are your learning objectives?
- At present, what is your most significant leadership challenge(s)?
- Current, detailed resume outlining your work and educational background
- One brief letter of reference in support of your application (e.g. from board member)*
*An applicant’s letter of support can be submitted directly to us via email.
All BootCamp sessions will take place virtually.
What Past Participants Tell Us About BootCamp
- “Because of BootCamp, I feel empowered and focused in my executive director role.”
- “I learned how to effectively wield the influence of my leadership for the benefit of the organization.”
- “Great, easy to implement suggestions for leading and thinking strategically. Very engaging.”
- “Excellent practical information, knowledgeable speakers.”
- “Outstanding resource for future use—essential content.”
- “What sets BootCamp apart is the time and opportunity to process and reflect, and walk away with a plan. Invaluable and amazing!”
If you are not selected to participate in BootCamp, you will receive a refund of your application deposit by check. Any accepted applicant choosing to cancel their registration or withdraw from BootCamp will receive a refund of their program fee minus a $25 administrative fee. Notice of cancellation must be received by the Axelson Center three weeks before the first day of BootCamp in order to be eligible for a refund. No refunds can be made after that date.