Church Matching Grant
Through the Church Matching Grant program, North Park will match a financial gift from a home church, up to $500 per academic year (this is effective starting Fall semester 2019), with an equal financial award. If the addition of the Church Matching Grant funds and the North Park Match exceeds a student’s tuition charges for the semester, North Park institutional match will be reduced so not to exceed the tuition charges.
Through this initiative, North Park seeks to honor and encourage the support local congregations offer to their members who are called into ministry and desire to seek theological training. All degree and certificate students may take advantage of this program. This grant can be combined with any other scholarship or grants awarded.
Ministry Partner Grants
Full-time employees of partner organizations may be eligible for specific tuition reduction grants or scholarships. Current Ministry Partner organizations are:
- InterVarsity Christian Fellowship
- Young Life
- Denominational Offices of the Evangelical Covenant Church, including Mission staff
- Swedish Hospital (see details below)
Contact the Office of Seminary Admission for details regarding any of these partnerships. A letter of confirmation from the respective ministry partner may be required.
Swedish Hospital Tuition Discount
North Park University is pleased to provide financial support for employees of Swedish Hospital (SH) who enroll in degree programs in either face-to-face or online courses, according to the following parameters:
- Students in the Seminary are eligible for a 30% tuition discount.
- To be eligible for the discount, students must complete an employee verification form available in the Human Resources Department of SH.
- Full-time eligible employees of SH who enroll in a degree program at North Park are awarded a blanket tuition reduction, which represents the full amount of financial aid available from North Park. This discount will not be combined with other North Park grants and scholarships available to other students.
- Continued employment will be verified annually by North Park University’s Financial Aid Office.
Alumni Grants for Graduate Studies
Students who completed an undergraduate degree at North Park University can enroll in Spring 2021 graduate coursework with a 30% tuition reduction thanks to the University’s Alumni Grant.*
Class of 2019–2020
We are excited to offer a 50% tuition reduction to members of the graduating class of December 2019, January 2020, and December 2020 who enroll for Spring 2021 in a graduate program.
*This grant may be used for individual courses or a whole program, for in-person or online courses. This grant cannot be combined with any other scholarships or discounts that may be offered to you from North Park.
North Park Need-Based Grants
Limited need-based grants may be available for students who submit the FAFSA (domestic degree-seeking students), Seminary Financial Aid Form (domestic certificate students), or International Student Financial Resources Form (international students). Contact Seminary Admissions for more information about these grants.
Other Ways to Fund Your Education
Campus Employment: Residential Seminary students are eligible to apply for campus jobs, including both full- and part-time jobs in the Seminary or across the University campus.
Off-campus Employment: Seminary students often find part time work in Chicago-area churches or organizations. A job opportunity posting board is maintained in Nyvall Hall.