Burgh Hall is a community which is co-ed by floor and has the reputation of being a very social hall. Students often leave their doors open and find it easy to make friends. Burgh is conveniently located across from the cafeteria, a short walk to Helwig Recreation Center, and near Anderson Hall. Burgh welcomes first- and second-year men and second-year women to its co-ed community.
Lobby and Common Areas
- The building and all rooms are accessed using electronic locks which require student IDs to gain access.
- The entry desk is staffed 24 hours a day for added security.
- The main lobby of Burgh is a popular hang-out spot, and is adjacent to a large TV room with flat screen and cable.
- Burgh's common areas also include a kitchen with a microwave and stove and soda and snack vending machines.
- A laundry room in the basement provides six washers and seven dryers (paid with quarters).
- The basement, commonly referred to as Burghatory, is home to a large study room with PC computers, study tables, and access to the campus wireless network for laptop use.
- Java Haus, the student coffee lounge, is located in the basement. It stocks your favorite snacks and drinks, and is a popular venue for student performances and other events on campus.
- Four floors of dorm rooms provide space for 200 residents.
- One floor is reserved for women, two floors for men, and the first floor is split by the lobby, with the north wing for women and the south wing for men.
- Large bathrooms with stall showers are located on each floor.
- A central staircase provides easy access to all floors.
A meal plan is required for all students living in dorms. Learn more about meal plan pricing and options.
Room Measurements and Furniture
All floors in Burgh are identical in layout, except for the first floor, which is split by the lobby.
Each student room is intended for double occupancy, and is 13.5' by 13.5' in size. Each comes equipped with the following furniture:
- Two beds (XL Twin size)
- Two hutches
- Two desks with chairs
- Two wardrobes with a hanging rod and a small set of two drawers
- Two dressers with three drawers each
Take a Closer Look
Want to see more of Burgh Hall? Check out the photo gallery with interior room pictures, including some great ways students have gotten creative with their decorating skills, as well as photos of Java Haus and Burghatory in the basement.
Burgh Hall Leadership
The Resident Director (RD) in Burgh Hall is Rick Trethewey. As the RD, Rick lives in an apartment on the main floor of Burgh Hall and supervises the Resident Advisor (RA) staff. All of North Park's RDs are passionate about building connections with students and fostering community in the residences.
You can contact Rick via email.