Housing and Commuting Options
You are eligible to apply for on-campus housing only after you have been accepted and at least 24 hours after you have paid your tuition deposit. Housing information and instructions are sent to deposited students beginning in February (for the fall semester) and October (for the spring semester). To apply for housing you must:
- Pay your $250 housing deposit. You must have set up your North Park network account in order to complete the process.
- After you have paid your housing deposit, please complete the on-campus housing application.
- You will receive an on-campus housing assignment after you have registered for your first-semester courses.
This housing deposit is held the whole time you are a student at North Park University, and returned to you when you graduate. The deposit amount you receive back when you graduate may be less than $250 if any damage fees were assessed to campus housing in which you live.
Your housing deposit will be refunded to you if you cancel your reservation for North Park housing before May 1, for the fall semester, or December 8, for the spring semester.
If you plan on commuting, you must complete the commuter application. You will be eligible to commute from off-campus if you meet one of the following criteria:
- You are commuting from a primary residence within 30 miles of campus where you live with a parent or legal guardian
- You have senior status (90 or more credits)
- You are at least 22 years old on September 1 of the current academic year
If one of these applies to you and you wish to commute to the University, please complete the online commuter application. Please review our housing policy for more information.
If you do not meet one of these criteria but want to commute anyway, contact the director of residence life and housing to request an appeal form.