Student Handbook and Community Standards
COVID-19 Student Conduct Sanctioning Guidelines
As we enter the new academic year, the University has updated our COVID-19 Sanction Guidelines to deter non-compliance with safety protocols on and off-campus.
Here are the updates to the Student Conduct Policy and Community Standards, effective immediately and until further notice:
- Not Adhering to Quarantine/ Isolation policy: If a student needs to quarantine or isolate, they are expected to adhere to the guidelines reviewed with them at the time they enter quarantine or isolation. Failure to participate in adhere to quarantine/isolation policy will result in a violation of Community Standards.
- Contact Tracing: When a student is contacted by a University contact tracer, they are expected to respond within 24 hours. Failure to participate in Contact Tracing will result in a violation of Community Standards.
- Not Adhering to Testing Policy: Those who are unvaccinated and/or fail to submit a Vaccination Status Form will need to participate in weekly testing. For additional information please refer to the University Communication. Failure to adhere to the testing policy will result in a violation of Community Standards.
It is the expectation that all community members will adhere to the University’s face covering policy. Should students be found to be in violation of this standard, they should expect to go through the student conduct process.
Please refer to Student Conduct COVID-19 Sanction Guidelines for further details about consequences should you be found responsible for violating Community Standards.
North Park University is committed to providing an environment where students feel supported and respected. As a community we respect differences, encourage open dialogue, and commit to caring for all members of the community.
North Park students have both rights and responsibilities. We take seriously the assurance of these rights for every member of the community. Likewise, we expect each community member to fulfill his or her responsibilities. These policies are designed to support and maintain a scholarly community that values diversity and an inclusive educational environment.
Students will be held accountable to the following University community standards:
- I will practice personal and academic integrity.
- I will demonstrate concern for myself and others that encourages growth, learning, and development.
- I will respect the rights, property, and dignity of all persons.
The Student Handbook provides complete information on how these community standards are upheld, the student conduct process for violations, and students’ rights and responsibilities.
The University is committed to providing and maintaining a welcoming environment, and will not tolerate discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or any form of intimidation by any person in any form directed against students, faculty, or staff of the institution, either in-person or online. Please familiarize yourself with our Equal Opportunity, Title IX, and social media policies.
It is our hope and prayer that you find North Park University to be a place that challenges you to extend your intellectual boundaries while at the same time supporting you in your development.