North Park is proud to celebrate the completion of studies with all our graduating students, which may happen in December or May. December Seminary graduates may choose to participate in the combined undergraduate, graduate, and Seminary commencement ceremony held at the conclusion of the fall semester, or may choose to delay participation in a graduation service until the end of the spring semester. Each May, the Seminary holds a special commencement and consecration service to celebrate with graduates and send them off onto the next phase of life and ministry.
Steps for Graduating Students
Students who will be graduating at the conclusion of the current semester should take note of these particular instructions and dates.
- Submit a graduation application for your degree program or certificate program to Seminary Academic Services. Applications for May 2015 and December 2015 graduation are due on September 5, 2014. Applications for December 2014 graduation are past due.
- Dual-degree students apply for graduation only through the Seminary. However, students are expected to participate in both the Seminary Commencement Ceremony and the Graduate Commencement Ceremony with North Park University.
- Attend the graduation lunch forum on Monday, September 8, 2014, at noon in Olsson Lounge.
- Complete your End of Studies process if not already completed. Check with Seminary Student Services.
Return the Graduation Clearance Sheet to Seminary Academic Services by May 1.
Gown distribution and graduation rehearsal will be held on Friday, May 8, at 9:30 am in Anderson Chapel. Attendance is mandatory.
- Degree-seeking students must confirm with Seminary Student Services that all required testing is complete. If you plan on serving in the Evangelical Covenant Church, you must also participate in the Call to Ministry process. Contact the Office of the Seminary Dean for more details.
- Please note that the graduation fee will appear on your bill in the semester that you are graduating, regardless of your participation in the commencement ceremony. Students will be assessed a $200 late graduation application fee if their application is turned in after the 4th week of the the semester in which they are graduating.
Spring 2015 Commencement
Spring Seminary Commencement will be held on Saturday, May 9, 2015, at 7:00 pm in Anderson Chapel, with a reception to follow in Hamming Hall. Robing will begin at 6:00 pm in Nyvall Hall, N-25.
Along with the May 9 ceremony, graduates are invited to a number of special events leading up to commencement:
- The Senior Retreat will be held at Covenant Harbor in Lake Geneva, March 27–28. Graduates and their families, faculty, and staff are welcome.
- The dessert social with ECC President Gary Walter will be announced at a later date, scheduled for late April or early May.
- Gown distribution and graduation rehearsal will be held on Friday, May 8, at 9:30 am in Anderson Chapel. Attendance is mandatory.
- The Graduation Luncheon will take place at noon on Friday, May 8, at North Park Covenant Church. You may bring one guest.
- Baccalaureate will be on Friday, May 8, at Fourth Presbyterian Church in downtown Chicago (126 E Chestnut Street). The shared service between all programs will begin at 8:00 pm; families are welcome to attend.
There are no tickets issued for Seminary Commencement. Please be aware of the limited space in Anderson Chapel when inviting family and friends.