The Nils W. Lund Memorial Lectureship
Every autumn, one or more distinguished biblical scholars come to the Seminary to focus on current developments in biblical studies and the task of preaching. The Lund Memorial Scholarship was founded by Hugo A. Anderson in 1960 in memory of Dr. Nils W. Lund, dean and biblical scholar at the Seminary from 1922–1954.
The Lund Lectures take place in September, in the days before the Symposium on the Theological Interpretation of Scripture.
September 28–29, 2016
Isaacson Chapel at North Park University
Guest lecturers Dr. Susan Eastman from Duke Divinity School and Dr. Iain Provan from Regent College will each present two-part lectures on Wednesday and Thursday, respectively.
This annual two-day lectureship is free and open to the public.
New Testament Lund Lectures
Dr. Susan Eastman, Associate Research Professor of New Testament, Duke Divinity School
Old Testament Lund Lectures
Dr. Emerson Powery, Marshal Sheppard Professor of Biblical Studies at Regent College
With questions, please contact (773) 244-6214 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2011: Dr. Hugh G.M. Williamson, professor of religion and W.W. Melton Chair at Baylor University, and Dr. Bruce W. Longenecker, Religious Professor of Hebrew at the University of Oxford
- 2012: Dr. Stephen Barton, reader in New Testament (retired) at Durham University, and Dr. Dennis T. Olson, Charles T. Haley Professor of Old Testament Theology at Princeton Theoogical Seminary
- 2013: Dr. Paul Tribilco, professor of New Testament at Otago University, and Dr. M. Daniel Carroll Rodas, distinguished professor of Old Testament at Denver Seminary.
- 2014: Dr. Beverly Roberts Gaventa, distinguished professor of New Testament at Baylor University, and Dr. Tremper Longman, Robert H. Gundry Professor of Biblical Studies at Westmont College
- 2015: Dr. Bo Lim, associate professor of Old Testament at Seattle Pacific University, and Dr. Emerson Powery, professor of Biblical Studies at Messiah College.