The Nils W. Lund Memorial Lectureship
Every autumn, one or more distinguished biblical scholars come to the Seminary to focus on current developments in biblical studies and the task of preaching. The Lund Memorial Scholarship was founded by Hugo A. Anderson in 1960 in memory of Dr. Nils W. Lund, dean and biblical scholar at the Seminary from 1922–1954.
The Lund Lectures take place in September, in the days before the Symposium on the Theological Interpretation of Scripture.
September 23–24, 2015
9:00 am– Noon
Isaacson Chapel at North Park University
Guest lecturers Dr. Bo Lim from Seattle Pacific University and Dr. Emerson Powery from Messiah College will each present two-part lectures on Wednesday and Thursday, respectively.
This annual two-day lectureship is free and open to the public. It will be broadcast online at covchurch.tv/live for audiences who are unable to attend in-person.
Old Testament Lund Lectures
Dr. Bo Lim, Associate Professor of Old Testament at Seattle Pacific University
Challenging Prophetic Literature and Ministry
| 9:00–10:30 am
||A Tale of Romance or Spousal Abuse?: Love and Violence in the book of Hosea
|Prophetic Ministry Among Exiles: The Contribution of Asian and Latino/a American Biblical Interpretation
New Testament Lund Lectures
Reading with Onesimus: A Hermeneutical Commitment
Dr. Emerson Powery, Professor of Biblical Studies at Messiah College
| 9:00–10:30 am
||The Pastor's Counsel to Enslaved Christians
|'Slaves to God': Another Look at Paul's (Ironic?) Identity Marker
With questions, please contact (773) 244-6214 or email@example.com.
- 2011: Dr. Hugh G.M. Williamson, professor of religion and W.W. Melton Chair at Baylor University, and Dr. Bruce W. Longenecker, Religious Professor of Hebrew at the University of Oxford
- 2012: Dr. Stephen Barton, reader in New Testament (retired) at Durham University, and Dr. Dennis T. Olson, Charles T. Haley Professor of Old Testament Theology at Princeton Theoogical Seminary
- 2013: Dr. Paul Tribilco, professor of New Testament at Otago University, and Dr. M. Daniel Carroll Rodas, distinguished professor of Old Testament at Denver Seminary. Video of the 2013 lectures are available online through CovChurch.tv:
- M. Daniel Carroll Rodas: The Old Testament and Today’s Hard Questions: Probing Method, Exploring the Message
- 2014: Dr. Beverly Roberts Gaventa, distinguished professor of New Testament at Baylor University, and Dr. Tremper Longman, Robert H. Gundry Professor of Biblical Studies at Westmont College