School of Professional Studies Undergraduate Tuition and Fees
The School of Professional Studies offers a straightforward per-credit-hour tuition rate for students completing bachelor’s degrees. When you compare our personalized experience and high quality education with our attractive tuition and financial aid opportunities, the School of Professional Studies offers one of the best educational values for continuing adult education in the area.
- Undergraduate courses in the School of Professional Studies are $570 per credit hour.
- Tuition includes all course fees.
- North Park may bill you for a few other fees; see the table below.
- Your only additional costs for courses will be books and materials, which will not be billed to you by North Park.
Administrative and Other Fees
|CLEP Exams||$200 per course (most languages count toward two courses)|
|Non-CLEP Foreign Language Exams||$300 per course (most languages count toward two courses)|
|Finance Charge||1.5% assessed monthly on past-due balances|
|KOLB Essay||$300 per project|
|License or Certificate PLA Project||$300 per project|
|Evening/Saturday Student Parking Sticker||$50 per semester|
|Technology Fee||$10 per credit hour (effective August 2016)|
|Transcript Fee||$6 per copy/$10 same day copy|
Cost Calculation Details
Every student is unique in the number of courses they will take, what financial aid they can access, and tuition per credit hour typically changes from year to year. However, as a starting point, the following information can help you estimate what your cost to attend North Park may be:
- You will enroll in SPS with at least 12 semester hours of transfer credit and can transfer up to a total of 90 semester hours of credit to North Park from other colleges and universities. We don’t charge a fee to post your transfer credit to your transcript.
- Many SPS students take 8 to 12 credit hours per semester, or 24 to 36 credit hours for the total year, including summer. This year, this would cost between $12,960 and $19,440 in tuition.
- Depending on how many credits you bring to North Park, you may need to take between one and four years of classes to complete your degree. Adjusting for slight tuition cost increases each year of the program, you may be able to complete your bachelor’s degree for between $16,000 and $65,000.
However, many SPS students qualify for need- and merit-based tuition grant and scholarship opportunities that reduce their overall tuition bill significantly.