The Viking Shuttle is driven by a North Park Security officer, providing an additional level of safety for passengers. The Viking Shuttle is a free service that operates continually during evening, late-night, and early morning hours.
When the Viking Shuttle is not in service, students may be able to use the North Park Security Escort Service. Vehicle and walking security escorts are available to assist individuals who are in need of transportation assistance or have safety concerns. Find out more about the Security Escort Service below.
- Hours: 7:00 pm–2:00 am when school is in session. Not operational during fall, winter, spring, and summer breaks.
- Cost: Free; must show North Park ID to board
- To Request a Ride: To request the Viking Shuttle, simply call (773) 244-5600 or use your LiveSafe app and provide the dispatcher with your location and destination.
If you have any questions about the Viking Shuttle, please contact North Park Campus Safety and Security.
Security Escort Service
North Park Campus Security Escorts are one option for students, faculty, and staff who find themselves unsure or uncomfortable in their surroundings or in need of transportation assistance around campus and to select nearby locations. Campus Security Officers are available to provide walking or vehicle security escorts on an as-needed basis and for safety reasons; this is not a service designed for convenience.
Security Escort Service Details
- Hours: From dusk until dawn, but not available from 7:00 pm–2:00 am while the Viking Shuttle is running; from 7:00 pm–2:00 am, please use the Viking Shuttle service
- Daytime security escorts may be provided for special circumstances, including illness and injury.
- Request a security escort: (773) 244-5600
- You will be asked to provide your North Park ID number, pick-up location and destination, and a cell phone number. You may be asked to show your ID when your security escort arrives.
Security Escort Destinations
- Walking escorts are limited to campus facilities.
- Vehicle escorts are limited as follows:
- Campus-to-campus locations
- Kimball Brown Line “L” Stations
- Swedish Hospital
- Off-campus locations for students who have after-hours campus jobs, such as desk attendants
- Escorts may not be utilized to and from off-campus housing, stores, and restaurants