Campus Security Phone Numbers
Emergency and Safety Escort
- Campus Security Dispatcher (773) 244-5600 (extension 5600)
- Safety Escort Service (773)244-5600 (extension 5600)
- Carlson Security Office (773) 244-5780 (extension 5780)
- Director of Campus Security (773) 244-5222 (extension 5222)
Reporting Emergencies or Criminal Actions
For any life-threatening emergencies first call 9-1-1, then immediately call Campus Security at (773) 244-5600 (on-campu ext. 5600). You will be asked to provide:
- Your name and phone number
- Type of emergency or criminal activity
- Exact location of the emergency or criminal activity
- Description of individuals involved
In response to your call, the dispatcher will send Security Officers and appropriate police, fire, or ambulance units to your location immediately.
Automatic External Defibrillators or AEDs are small, lightweight devices that look at a person’s heart rhythm (through special pads placed on the torso) and can recognize “sudden cardiac arrest.”
All Campus Security Officers are trained and certified in the use of AEDs. AEDs are located at the following locations on the campus:
- Anderson Chapel – Lobby
- Anderson Hall – Lobby
- Brandel Library – Front desk
- Burgh Hall – Lobby lounge
- Carlson Security Office – Outside office door
- Carlson Tower – Next to elevators in lobby
- Hamming Hall – Vestibule by gym doors
- Helwig Recreational Center – Front desk/Work-out areas (2)
- Holmgren Athletic Complex – Field House/Press box
- Magnuson Campus Center – Front desk
- Nyvall Hall – Main lobby
- Ohlson House – Front desk
- Old Main – Lobby
- Park North – Front desk
- Physical Plant– Front office
North Park University deploys a number of CCTV cameras across the campus to assist in enhancing public safety, monitoring and protecting University assets, and investigating criminal activity. The use of these cameras is consistent with the values of the institution. Cameras are mounted in and view only public areas and in no way infringe on any member of the campus community’s right to privacy.
Camera images are not monitored on a continual basis. Data from the cameras is stored on the University’s network servers and is retrieved and reviewed when necessary to affect the goals and interests of the Office of Campus Security. Only authorized personnel have access to the camera system data in order to review prior recorded activity.
The Office of Campus Security continues to employ technology in the many facets of its operations in order to more effectively serve all members of the North Park community.
Lost and Found
Items that are lost and found on North Park University’s campus may be moved to a central location in Magnuson Campus Center. If you believe you have lost something on our campus, you may send an email inquiry to see if it has been located, or you may also contact Campus Center Operations about lost and found items by calling (773) 244-4902.