North Park University - Chicago North Park University - Chicago

Student Administrative Services

Student Records

Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

Beginning on your first day of classes at North Park University, your educational records here are protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Release of your educational records is not allowed without your written consent, including to parents, a spouse, and other family members. Examples of educational records include, but are not limited to, your telephone listing, grades, student billing, financial aid award, discipline records, and medical treatment records.

Before you arrive to campus, you should discuss privacy expectations with your family, including how you and your family will handle bill payment, access to your student records and information, and how you would like your information handled in the case of an emergency. If you wish to allow educational records and information to be released to a parent, guardian, or third party, please complete this form and return it either via fax to (773) 634-4051, email to or mail to:

North Park University
3225 W Foster Ave, Box 9
Chicago IL 60625

You can authorize any individual you choose, and will provide a four-digit code they will use to verify their identity when calling for information. Information may not be immediately available when requested by a family member or third party, based on the access University officials have to your signed student release form. If necessary, the official will schedule a follow-up call or meeting so that information protection and release procedures may be followed.

FERPA Release Form

Updating Your Information

It’s up to you—and important—to keep your personal information up to date, including your mailing address, phone number, and email. North Park University will use these methods to communicate important information throughout your time as a student. Choose one of the following methods to review and update your details as needed:

  1. Log into WebAdvisor and choose “Address Change” from the Students menu.
  2. Complete this form on your computer and email it to Records.
  3. If you do not have internet access, complete a Change of Address/Change of Name form and mail it to Student Administrative Services.

You may also opt-in separately for campus emergency notifications via text message. Learn more.

Name Change

If you wish to change your name you must provide a legal document to prove your name change (a copy of a marriage certificate or a driver’s license). You may bring your copy in person, email scans of completed form and copies of documents to Records, or mail it along with a Change of Address/Change of Name form, to the SAS office.

Permanent Address and Dependent Student Status

All undergraduate students, other than those in the RN-to-BSN degree-completion program or the School of Adult Learning, are assumed to be “dependent” students. If you are independent from your parents, you must notify North Park University within 10 calendar days of the start of any term the status applies. All dependent students must maintain their parents’ address as their permanent mailing address.

North Park ID Card

North Park University issues identification cards to all students, faculty, and staff. You are required to carry your ID card with you when you’re on campus. It will serve as your access card to many places and resources:

Lost, Stolen, or Damaged ID Cards

If your North Park ID is lost, stolen, or damaged, you must report it as soon as possible to Student Administrative Services or Campus Security. Once reported, the card will be deactivated so it can no longer be used.

Replacements for lost or damaged ID cards cost $10. If you find your lost card before purchasing a new one, you can bring it to Student Administrative Services to have it reactivated.