DMin in Urban Ministry Leadership Applicants
Develop the theological foundation and practical skills for effective urban ministry and leadership with a Doctor of Ministry in Urban Ministry Leadership from North Park Theological Seminary, in partnership with Fuller Theological Seminary. This unique cohort program is designed for ministerial leaders with a heart for the city and active engagement with urban congregations. It blends online learning throughout the year with one-week intensive courses, allowing you to continue serving while you study.
Our next cohort will not start until spring 2021, so please use this time to plan accordingly.
Applicants to the doctor of ministry (DMin) in urban ministry leadership program must meet the following requirements:
- Master’s degree: Students must have a Master of Divinity (MDiv), Master of Arts in Theological Studies (MATS) degree, or an equivalent (at least 48 semester hours/72 quarter hours) from an accredited school, with a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. For MDiv equivalency, please contact us at (773) 244-6229 or (800) 964-0101, or by email at email@example.com.
- Hold a ministerial leadership position, with a minimum of three years of ministerial leadership experience following the completion of your MDiv or MA degree, and continue in a leadership role throughout the DMin program. This program is designed for active ministry leaders to continue to learn and grow without having to leave their ministry context.
- Biblical language study in Greek or Hebrew required; one course in Biblical language Greek or Hebrew. (This requirement may be met through a course in the DMin program.)
- Evidence of academic writing proficiency, in accordance with details provided on the program application.
- International students – at this time North Park is not able to provide student visa’s for international student study in this particular program. We apologize for this setback and encourage you to speak to our partner, Fuller Theological Seminary, about participating in this program through them.
- Complete the Doctor of Ministry in Urban Ministry Leadership application. The application deadline for this program is January 10, 2021; online coursework will begin around April.
- Recommendations sent to North Park through your application portal. The reference forms and instructions will be emailed directly to the listed reference person. Each application requires three recommendations: pastor or denominational leader; professional peer or supervisor in current ministry; and professional peer or academic.
- Complete and submit two required essays.
- Request official academic transcripts from each undergraduate, graduate, and professional institution you have attended. Order your transcripts early, so they arrive before the application deadline. Schools should send sealed transcripts directly to North Park by mail or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org :
North Park Theological Seminary Admissions
3225 W Foster Ave, Box 19
Chicago IL 60625
If you have attended another seminary in the past five years without completing a degree, you will also need a letter of good standing from the dean of that institution.