Master’s Degree Applicants
North Park Theological Seminary offers four master’s degrees: master of divinity, master of arts in Christian formation, master of arts in Christian ministry, and master of arts in theological studies. Dual-master’s degree programs that pair theological education with business or nonprofit training are also available. Each program is designed to equip women and men for effective leadership and engagement in a wide array of Christian ministries.
The prerequisite for entrance to a master’s degree or graduate certificate program at North Park Theological Seminary is a bachelor’s degree (or its academic equivalent) from an accredited college or university.
- Complete the master’s degree online application. The priority deadline apply for fall semester or to take courses in the summer is March 31; the priority deadline to begin studies in the spring semester is October 15.
- Recommendations sent to North Park through your application portal. The reference forms and instructions will be emailed directly to the listed reference person. Each application requires three recommendations: pastor, church committee, and faculty/colleague.
*Please note that the Church Committee recommendation should consist of at least 2 people who are not the individuals filling out your Pastoral or Faculty/Colleague references.
- Complete and submit two required essays.
- Request official academic transcripts from each undergraduate, graduate, and professional institution you have attended. Schools should send sealed transcripts directly to North Park by mail or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org :
North Park Theological Seminary Admissions
3225 W Foster Ave, Box 19
Chicago IL 60625
If you have attended another seminary in the past five years without completing a degree, you will also need a letter of good standing from the dean of that institution.
- If you have a previously attended a seminary and wish to transfer graduate credit toward your master’s degree, read our transfer policy and process.