Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to have official transcripts?

Yes. Our accrediting agency requires that we receive official transcripts sent to us by the institution attended in a sealed envelope.

Must I include transcripts from all colleges attended, even community colleges?

Yes. We need all transcripts from all post-secondary institutions you have ever attended. This includes trade schools, military, etc.

What if I don't have a church right now? Do I need to fill out the church reference?

Yes. If your situation is unique, contact us.

Will a letter, instead of the reference form, suffice from my recommenders?

No. Please have them fill out the relevant form located inside your application. You need to fill it out fully. Please do not say, "see resume" or "see transcript."

If I want to take only one or two classes, do I need to complete an application?

Yes. If you want to take a couple of classes for personal reasons, or as you are discerning what program is right for you, you will complete the Visiting Student Application. It is shorter than the regular applications.

Can I earn a master's degree by taking courses only online or at the regional course sites?

No. Each degree program requires a minimum number of credit hours to be completed on North Park's Chicago campus. However, the Seminary offers intensive courses during the summer and January terms to help distance students meet this requirement.